..I recommend sticking w/ an Apple product. Keeps things much easier since the Apple ecosystem is so tight (aside from the fact that iTunes is a bloated goat). Either the 4 or 4S will likely suffice. Since you want improved camera performance, definitely the 4S. 4G is a moot point since you are on ATT's network and LTE is not completely built out yet, and HSPA+ on the 4S is really good, although technically only '4G Lite'. Info on wireless syncing w/ iOS 5-http://www.macworld.com/article/163060/2011/10/up_close_with_ios_5_wireless_syncing_and_updating.html
Hi all,I have an old HTC touch WM6 which has served me well but flat-lined on the weekend and I need some advice for a new phone. Most important to me are:
1) Making and receiving phone calls and txts easily. Threaded txt is nice and an easy UI for phone calls (auto lookup names) would be great!
2) Syncing contacts and calendar. At the moment I sync with outlook and would like to keep it that way. I also have a gmail account and a mac at home and would really like everything to be updated as much as possible. I'm comfortable with 3rd party apps if needed but would prefer them to be free.
3) Music sync. I have a mac at home and so some sync with iTunes would be great. Ideally all this syncing would be wireless (is that possible?). This would also mean I'd like a 3.5mm jack so I can listen to music on the go.
4) Good build design. My last few phones have died in no small part due to my clumsiness. Something that can take a bump or two would be nice (note, the HTC touch took a few).
5) A decent camera would be nice but it doesn't have to be super-amazing.
6) Price. I don't really want to spend more than $300.
7) I'm sure this is pretty standard but I'd like bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and 3G (4G preferred) also.