Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

what mp3 player should i get?

by zmanrc2 / July 18, 2008 11:44 AM PDT

i want an mp3 player that is durable and has at least 20 gb. also i want videos and radio on it. it would be cool to have internet but i dont think a lot of mp3 players have it. i prefer not an ipod because they are expensive and i have had many bad experiences with apple. any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: what mp3 player should i get?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: what mp3 player should i get?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Zune 80
by ktreb / July 18, 2008 12:15 PM PDT

or Archos 605 wifi.

Collapse -
605 wifi don't have the radio...
by skooal / July 18, 2008 5:12 PM PDT

Hi,

I have an archos 605 wifi, but it don't do radio and you have to know that in order to surf the web you need to buy the opera browser plug-in from their website (about $20 if I remember well). Otherwise, it's a great machine and you can add depending on your budget, a ton of gadgets, from camera to station that transforms it into VCR... fantastic...

...but with its new upgrade and the possibility to run applications (lots are for free), take care of your emails, pictures, calendar, to do list... nothing can stop the ipod touch I'm afraid...

Collapse -
i have a broken one...
by zmanrc2 / July 19, 2008 9:24 AM PDT

i had a touch but it broke in a few months. i sent it in and they say its from water damage so they refuse to fix it. i know i never got near water. also apple has too many restrictions. i found an mp3 player that looks good called the creative zen x-fi. thanks for the help though.

Collapse -
Zune 80
by [RM]Dimon / July 19, 2008 11:58 AM PDT

I just bought one for my Brother for his birthday, and of course played with too for a little while. First I've got to say, they are just as expensive as iPods, but: Navigation is easier and using the player in general seems easier too, sound quality is much better than iPod, and I have an 80GB iPod Classic and an iPhone to compare. Radio works very well. I liked it a lot, almost wanted to take it back from my brother. Highly recommend. Keep in mind, desktop software is kind of a pain to use compare to iTunes, takes some time to get used to. You have to convert video files and movies using a 3rd party software, most of them. And a screen resolution is the same as iPod's when the screen is bigger so picture looks a little blurry.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.