Question

What Media Center PC to Buy?

Hello folks,

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: What Media Center PC to Buy?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What Media Center PC to Buy?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
2GB video card?

Odd idea. I wonder how folk know why this is overkill for 99.99% of us.

- Collapse -
clarification answer

2 GB would be at the extreme end and not necessary. i also like to get a lot of years out of my desktops by getting lots of memory. I have been using a desktop from 2004 until recently because I got it with, at the time, overkill ram and video. I also do game from time to time, especially the Total War series with large unit numbers, which eats up memory.

- Collapse -
Answer
TV Tuner.

Some are miffed over the state of affairs in TV cards. For example, no more cable cards and cable companies moving to all digital encrypted content.

At least these cards are $$ and not $$$.

In your case, you lead off with a post that gives all the signs you should build it yourself.

Bob

- Collapse -
Custom build

I think the custom built will be the best option. Im going to leave out the TV card and go with a Slingbox if I want the TV through the cpu

CNET Forums