General discussion

what lead

i have a sumsung 50"tv and a dell 1545 inspiron laptop what lead connects them to each other.
desperate novice

Discussion is locked
Reply to: what lead
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: what lead
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
What lead

Depends on the connections your laptop has. If it has HDMI then that is the best. It should have a VGA port which is a notmal computer-to-monitor connection and you will need another lead (mini stereo cable) for your audio.

- Collapse -
pc connection

thanks,so many cables. its a nightmare
what is the correct type of audio cable i need

- Collapse -

Any retailer that sells electronics can help you with the proper audio cable. It's called a mini stereo cable and has one plug on each end. One end plugs into the sound card on the laptop and the other plugs into the single audio IN on the TV. If you do not get sound, you may have to edit the PC source name on the Source List of the TV.

CNET Forums