Question

What laptops do you recommend me in 2018?

So I'm a 2D videogame developer, but I also edit videos and do light gaming. I'm looking for maybe 16GB, SSD if possible and moderately good portability, but it's not a priority.

My budget:

£1000
€1126
$1395

Hopefully you are familiar with one of those 3 currencies. I'm looking for a laptop I'll be using for a few years.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What laptops do you recommend me in 2018?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What laptops do you recommend me in 2018?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I think my office supplied an Acer Predator for that much.
- Collapse -
Thanks!

I'll consider this option

- Collapse -
Answer
Agree

I agree, I had an older version of Acer and it still works so if you regard that it has almost the same components I would say worth time. My friend has Predator and is very satisfied.

- Collapse -
Answer
+1 Acer

I agree with previous responses, Acer laptops are ones of the best. I used one from Aspire series for 8 years and even after such long time it still worked very well and not worse than much newer laptops Happy So I recommend you to try Acer Predator too, especially Acer Predator G9 - 591R - 73ZN https://www.pdevice.com/product/acer-predator-g9-591r-73zn-price-specs , it's considered as one of the best for gaming now and also rather nice for many other functions. But of course it's not a cheap one, as I remember my friend got it for $2500 Silly Acer Aspire 7 is a very cool model too.
Also many Asus and Dell models have the specifications you want like Asus FX PRO6300, Asus ROG Zephyrus, Dell XPS 13 9370 and so on.

Promotional link removed by moderator.

Post was last edited on May 7, 2018 11:03 AM PDT

CNET Forums

Forum Info