Computer Help forum

General discussion

What is your opinion on dells outlet?

by trenium / October 1, 2009 1:06 PM PDT

I've been highly considering ordering a dell studio 14z from the outlet that dell has. I'm curious what YOUR experience is with the quality of their certified refurbished laptops?

Thanks,
Trenium

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is your opinion on dells outlet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is your opinion on dells outlet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes and No
by Willy / October 1, 2009 8:37 PM PDT

Laptops in general if they have a problem tend to be more difficult to resolve. So, if you feel queasy at all about this, don't order. I offer this as users complain about the reg. ordering process and warranty issues and such. Under the "refurbed" side of things everything is more abbreviated so once you reach that end date, you're on your own. Of course, they'll offer extended warranty, etc., but that's up to you. However, I don't think Dell tries to short-change its buyers but you would think that from users that offer their sorrow and woe. If you think its a good deal go for it, but research your model# to sees if any obvious issues have been reported.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Generally
by Jimmy Greystone / October 2, 2009 2:37 AM PDT

Generally, so long as you know what you're getting into, refurb units are fine. In the US, and I suspect most (all?) of Europe, there are rather strict laws about the resale of goods like this. Along the lines of they can't sell you something they know isn't working, unless they say very clearly it's not working.

Just keep in mind they don't have the same warranty as "new" units, but at the same time they have been inspected by someone and found to be working, as opposed to new units which are sometimes DOA. Refurb units might also have cosmetic damage, but by most accounts, Dell is generally prone to exaggerating the damage to refurb systems. According to most people I've talked to, you really have to look hard to find anything wrong cosmetically.

So long as you know the risks you're assuming buying refurb electronics of any kind, they can be a heck of a bargain. But if you're not comfortable with the prospect of having to work on a laptop, then you might want to just keep saving money and pay the "new" premium.

Collapse -
1 year warranty
by trenium / October 2, 2009 6:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Generally

The dell refurbs come with a 1 year limited warranty, the same warranty that is offered for their new computers. I plan to order one simply because the price where i'm saving about $300 is too hard to pass up. They have a 21 day return policy and so if after 2 weeks I'm not satisfied I can send it back. If anyone else wants to chime in and stop me, or encourage me please do so.

Thanks,
Trenium

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?