HolidayBuyer's Guide

How To forum

Question

What is the simplest way to send pictures on the Web?

by prissaila / August 25, 2011 8:48 AM PDT

Am also looking for these options:-ablility to choose multiple pics with one action; - choice of resolution of picture (Web, or original res.), -choice after reception of picture to choose one or several to upload or forward. Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the simplest way to send pictures on the Web?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the simplest way to send pictures on the Web?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Picasa?
by prissaila / August 26, 2011 6:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Picasa?

Thanks, I'll look at it to see if it offers the options I want.

Collapse -
Answer
DIY
by richteral / August 28, 2011 10:41 PM PDT

Take the pix, put them in a file, zip it, and upload to the cloud /say, to ADrive free storage/. Send the generated link to recepient for download.
Pix will be delivered in the quality you want them to be, whoever you provide the link to.

Collapse -
about ADrive
by prissaila / August 30, 2011 2:26 PM PDT
In reply to: DIY
Collapse -
Seems to be a dead or dying company...
by jayfchan / September 20, 2011 1:28 AM PDT
In reply to: about ADrive

I saw an offer today for their free 50 GB online storage service, but I'd never heard of them before...

So I browsed the company's web site...

Last admin update -- January 2011
Last company news release -- Feb. 2009
Last news clipping posted on company web site -- June 2009

If they were an active and thriving business, you'd think there'd be a bit more recent online presence than that...

I don't know anything for certain... But it does seem very odd....

Collapse -
Seems like whining to me
by richteral / September 20, 2011 5:01 PM PDT

You people are never happy - now what, should Adrive pay YOU for offering free storage to make you happy? Or should they just withdraw the facility and charge you left right and center while showering you with press releases how well the company shareholders are doing and what their profit margin is?

Collapse -
Sounds like an ADrive employee
by jayfchan / September 21, 2011 12:48 AM PDT

who's worried about losing his/her job...

Collapse -
Off your rocker,
by richteral / September 21, 2011 4:45 AM PDT

headlong. Bats in the belfry next. That is what whining gets you in the end.

Collapse -
For cloud transfers, I'm using DROPBOX
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 31, 2011 1:32 AM PDT
In reply to: DIY

Hard to complain about the price.
Bob

Collapse -
Ok, will check out dropbox
by prissaila / August 31, 2011 9:56 AM PDT

Thanks. Priscilla

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.