General discussion

What is the Max amount of Fonts

I have been told that to many fonts in windows/font folder will slow down your computer.
I want to know how many fonts you should have to keep Windows XP operating correctly and also is there a list of fonts that you should have always in your window/font folder.
I have collected hundreds of fonts over sometime now and I have had my computer loading up slower.

I can remember some of the fonds that I have added but I don't remember all of them. I have made a copy of my font folder and now I want to delete some of the font from my window/font folder but I want to know which ones I really need to keep.

Thanks for Your Help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What is the Max amount of Fonts
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What is the Max amount of Fonts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The limit with XP will be your patience.
- Collapse -
Thank You

Thank You for the Information. This is just what I was Looking for. The only thing is, How many Fonts could you have in your Windows/Font Folder in order to keep it from making you computer download slower.
Is there a around about number?

- Collapse -
About 120.

For maximum speed, the file count in a folder should be under 240. So about 1/2 that.

This is usually not a concern and most will take the extra seconds of boot time to have a big selection of fonts.

Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Thank You Again for the Fonts Information

Thank You again for this Information. So I will take my font file down to 350 fonts and see if there is a different in the boot up time. I think I will be OK now that I know what is really need for my windows system to work correctly.

Thank You So Much for all your Help.
This site is a Wonderful source of information.

CNET Forums

Forum Info