Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

What is the best wireless product ???

by masrawy1981 / December 28, 2009 8:15 PM PST

Dear Friends
I wish u r all in very good health ..... I want to take your opinion about something .. My company will buy wireless APs .... I want to know how to arrange the following products from the best to the worest and if i want to give them marks from 100 , can you help me ???

The products are:

1)Cisco:

========>Access Points (AIR-AP1252G-E-K9 & AIR-AP1142N-E-K9)

2)HP

========>Access Points (HP ProCurve MSM410 WW)

3)Aruba

========>Access Points (AP-121)
========>Controller (200-6-AOS-STD)

4)D-Link

========>Access Points (DAP-2590/EEU & DAP-3520)

5)LinkSys

========>Access Points ( WAP4410N-G5 & WAP4400N & WAP200E-EU)

Thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the best wireless product ???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the best wireless product ???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sadly.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 28, 2009 10:46 PM PST

All re-arrange under varying install site, conditions, YOUR CHOICE OF SETTINGS, firmware versions and if we include support the winner changes daily.

ALL those you listed are names I've installed in the last decade excep for ARUBA. So I'll arrange all but ARUBA as number one and put ARUBA as item 2.

Hope this helps.
Bob

Collapse -
About wireless products ......
by masrawy1981 / December 29, 2009 5:00 PM PST
In reply to: Sadly.

Thanks for ur replay ... I just ask about ranking products from best to worst accordng to the quality, the performance , the brand name and the reputation of the AP ... So can u help me ???

Collapse -
Same answer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 30, 2009 2:13 AM PST

All are fine devices and companies and the winner will change depending on site, install location, settings and which tech support person you call.

ARUBA is not a name I've encountered in decades of setting up networks.

So that's the problem. If you haven't been doing this for long you may think there is a good to best ranking. The truth is deeper than that.
Bob

Collapse -
About APs
by masrawy1981 / December 30, 2009 5:27 PM PST
In reply to: Same answer.

Dear Friends
Thanks to all of u for ur care

My case is that i working at company and we have bid requiring managable APs .... The companies offer the APss that i listed .... In our bid, their is degree on the reputation of the device .... Thats why i want u to help me ranking those APs according to reputation of the vendor and performance of the AP

Thanks in Advance

Collapse -
Then go with Cisco.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 31, 2009 6:50 AM PST
In reply to: About APs

Cisco still rules the roost when it comes to top notch staffers.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?