PC Applications forum

General discussion

What is the Best Program to let me Burn Tons of Pictures on a CD ..

by fell-off-the-truck / May 2, 2004 12:59 AM PDT

to make a slide show that you can watch on your DVD player?

I have Roxio Easy CD 6 and it sucks.

Any other good programs for this?

Nero?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is the Best Program to let me Burn Tons of Pictures on a CD ..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is the Best Program to let me Burn Tons of Pictures on a CD ..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:What is the Best Program to let me Burn Tons of Pictures on a CD .. Sorry, only 99 pictures per show!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 2, 2004 2:59 AM PDT

This is not a limitation of Roxio, but a simple side effec that all DVD/other players only can display 00 to 99 on their two digit display.

To work around this, you can:

a. Make multiple slide shows.
b. Make it a "video" and it will only be limited to about 2 hours or as good as your encoding skills are.

There is NO software that will overcome the 99 count.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: make a CD slideshow easily with IrfanView
IrfanView can be used to make an enormous slideshow on the CD you are about to burn.

You create a picture structure, and then you put the order of the pictures, that you want to play, in a text file.

Then you put in the Autorun.inf (top level) file the instructions to point to that text file.

There are simple instructions in the IrfanView help.
See "How to start IrfanView slideshow from a CD?"

Other options, still using IrfanView and putting the pictures on the CD:
You could just place all the pictures in a folder, and use the command to play all the pictures sequentially, or randomly. Again, making the appropriate Autorun.inf lines.
Collapse -
Re:Re: make a CD slideshow easily with IrfanView
by beauf / May 7, 2004 7:16 PM PDT

Try Picture to TV. It works realy well and you can add sound tracks as well.

Collapse -
Re: What is the Best Program to let me Burn Tons of Pictures
by Reicland / December 9, 2004 12:03 AM PST

I would like to time 53 slides in a slide show presentation for about six minutes. Can I add Voice and music to the cd

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2004 12:17 AM PST
Collapse -
by prasanth / December 12, 2004 1:53 PM PST

try this program Ulead's DVD Slideshow program, its really easy. you can add voice by just making a mp3 file and add it to the show as back ground music. or you can use photo2vcd professional which will let you edit the voice to a particular picture.

Collapse -
by palfam / December 9, 2004 7:54 PM PST

Dear All,
I have been using Roxio Easy CD 6 for sometime and found it extremely easy to use.

Had difficulty using a Nero software received when I purchased a unit of CD writer.

Hence ended up using the Roxio software for the new unit also.

palfam

Collapse -
by mrcoons / December 9, 2004 8:54 PM PST

I use Roxio ECD 7 to create slideshows and while their documentation stinks the program is not bad once you get used to it. I just created a slide show with over 500 photos, titles and a soundtrack.

Mark

Collapse -

I am a buff for SONY drives, the packaged software that comes with them is NTI CD maker 6.5 Gold. It has become my standard software for burning to CDRs in both the CD burner and the DVD burner (it works with both).
The packaged software for the DVD burner is Nero 6.0 it too is very easy to use and so far has done everything it should without giving me a hard time. I used Roxio in the past, but gave up on it because of the constant need it has to check and recheck drive speeds before doing its thing, which just wastes a lot of time.

Collapse -
by pugwashtizzie / December 9, 2004 10:02 PM PST

I have been using ProShow Gold. The last slideshow I produced consisted of 162 animated slides lasting 28 minutes with music. It is an excellent program but the Help files are very rudimentary and technical support could be a lot better. Unfortunately some people have not been able to play the DVD or Video CD's that I have produced despite the fact that I have produced them in every form possible (DVD+, DVD-, burning at slower speeds, different makes of dics, "Standard Quality" instead of "High Quality" etc. The real plus point of the software is the "animated" pictures that one can produce (zooming in and out, panning left, right, up and down) which makes for a much more interesting production.

Collapse -
by hgs / December 9, 2004 11:20 PM PST

Buy a mac, that's all you need !

Collapse -
by Rpbertxyz / December 10, 2004 2:19 AM PST

I use Ulead DVD picture Show 2.0. I have made slideshows up to 2 hours long and with hundreds of photos. I had scanned in almost 7000 pictures of my family pictures starting in 1918. Now, with a digital camera, it's much easier to get photos on the computer. I fill a DVD each year with the photos for that year. I burn these on DVDs with transitions and background music, and give a copy to each of my kids for prosperity.

Collapse -
by L. Donald / December 10, 2004 7:37 AM PST

Hi, Nero, I have been using MySlideshow for over five years now, and I find the current edition is really great. I had Roxio, but I found that is was nowhere as good as MySlideshow. Go to www.anixsoft.com for a free trail - it cost around $21 for the software. You can use your wave files and MP3s for backgounds and make albums of your slideshows to place on CDs - the new DVD players will let your friends view a CD-R on your TV. Hope this is of help - I think I first got the word on MySlideshow thru CNET. Don

Collapse -
by law_john / December 10, 2004 9:46 AM PST

If all you were doing was burning pics then, given you have WinXP, just drag and drop the files to the blank CD. I see however that you are not just burning pics, so with that is consideration I think Nero is perhaps the best program out there to burn files. Get Nero 6 Ultra I think it's Ultra. However, I don't think Nero would make a good DVD movie, slideshow probably, but not recorded video.

Collapse -

To keep it simple and easy, just use the built in CD-Writing wizard in Windows XP. Any DVD player that supports Windows Media will be able to read them.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?