LG forum

what is the best choice? and why?

by Nishanthebest / October 11, 2014 2:41 AM PDT

.im planing to buy a new led hd tv........i have a tight budget and therefore...my attention has come to two tvs from samsung and LG .....both are same price

im considering in buying......LG 32LB582D with an ips panel.........the only problem is,it doesnt have 1080p full HD..but it got ips panel, wifi, and other stuff,
on the other hand samsung ua32f6100ar got not only 1080p but also 3D..........but i think it lacks ips.AND smart tv...........so....PLEASE............TEL ME .......WHAT choice should i make......will the ips panel make up for the lack of 1080p.? will there be a significant diffirent in video quality? why should i buy the lg one? WHAT IS THE BEST CHOICE for me?.

pls use ur expert knowledge in analysing the specifications of these tvs and pls help me to make a good dicision...........

thank you very much!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: what is the best choice? and why?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: what is the best choice? and why?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
(NT) Note; This is being cross posted.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2014 2:46 AM PDT
Collapse -
Benefits of IPS & other factors
by LG_Electronics LG staff / October 14, 2014 1:19 AM PDT

Hello Nishanthebest!
To be honest with you, the best choice of TV is entirely up to you because what you are looking for most is a TV whose features best meet your needs! Obviously if you're into watching 3D then you will want to go with a TV that has that feature, but you need to consider how much 3D will you be watching? Again, 1080p is definitely the superior resolution, but if you're watching TV broadcasts, you are aware of the two high definition television broadcast formats - 720p and 1080i. If you have a Blu-ray player or some other device that's capable of giving you 1080p (or higher) then 1080p is what you'll want, but more on that later!
Now I am not assuming that you're a sports fan,(if you are then you'll like this), but to highlight my next point, I'll am going to use watching sports as an explanation. ESPN and Fox broadcast in 720p. NBC, CBS and NFL Network broadcast in 1080i, but one of the broadcast formats is better for watching fast motion or football than the other and it is the 720p format that is!
The 1080i format delivers viewers 1920 x 1080 interlaced video frames 30 times per second and the 720p format delivers viewers sixty 1280 x 720 progressive video frames per second. (Your TV is a 1366 X 768 set) Nearly all of today's HDTVs are "fixed-pixel displays," meaning their screens use a fixed number of pixels to produce a picture. All of these fixed-pixel displays have a native resolution that tells you the maximum level of image detail a TV can produce. For example, 1920 x 1080 = 2,073,600 pixels, which is usually simplified to "2 million." By comparison, 1366 x 768 = 1,049,088 pixels — slightly over one million.
The two most common high-def video source resolutions are 720p and 1080i. All HDTV broadcasts, including local over-the-air broadcasts, satellite and cable signals, use one of these formats. 1080i is the most common resolution, but both formats have their benefits and limitations: 1080i has more lines and pixels to show more detail, so it's great for slow-moving programs with lots of close-ups — like nature documentaries on The Discovery Channel. But the "i" tells you that it's an interlaced format, which means fewer video frames per second, so it doesn't handle fast-moving video as well as 720p. The "p" in 720p tells you it's a progressive-scan format, which means it presents fast-moving action much more cleanly. It's ideal for things like sports and action-packed video games. The progressive scanning method handles fast motion imagery much better as the images doesn't suffer from artifacts that appear as jittery motion, jagged lines or blurry edges as interlaced scanning formats do.
So what happens if your TV and video source have different resolutions? Well you don't really need to worry about it because fortunately with today's HDTVs, a fixed-pixel TV will always automatically convert or scale the video signal to fit the screen's native resolution. Scaling lower-quality signals to fit a TV's higher-resolution screen is often called upconversion. Upconversion works great with a good source like DVD, but it can't make snowy analog antenna reception or a noisy cable picture look flawlessly crisp and clear.
Similarly, if the incoming source has more pixels than the screen's native resolution, the video signal has to be "downconverted." It's like trying to pour 10 gallons of water into a 5-gallon jug: you have to throw away some detail to fit the image on the screen. That's one of the reasons 1080p TVs are so popular — they can display every pixel of every available high-def resolution, so they never have to throw any detail out. But if you don't get a 1080p TV, don't worry — downconverted video can still look great. The best example is 1080i HD broadcasts that are downconverted to be viewed on 768p TVs which is exactly what the LG 32LB582D is!
The advantages of the IPS panels is that they can maintain a stable image even when struck with a considerable amount of force. Even when exposed to sunlight 24/7 or high heat, the IPS panels are not prone to rapid temperature changes that can harm your panel and eat up a lot of electricity as the internal fan is forced to speed up to keep the temperature low. IPS panels are also not prone to the black patches that afflict most other panels that are know as hot spots that appear when a panel's temperature rises over 75 degrees Celsius. Although hot spots will disappear when a TV cools down, the problem is that if this happens often enough, it can leave patches on the panel that can leave permanent damage on the screen. Fro more specifications and features on the 32LB582D, please copy and paste this link to see the full features on the it [http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-32LB582D/technical-specifications]...IFV

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?