General discussion

What is the best backpack or hardbody case for my Macbook?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What is the best backpack or hardbody case for my Macbook?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What is the best backpack or hardbody case for my Macbook?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It doesn't matter

It doesn't matter what we think, we're not the ones who will be using it regularly.

I will say that hard body cases are generally a bad idea. They do NOTHING to protect the system that is really worthwhile. Drop the system from any height that would damage it without the case, it will be damaged with the case as well. Hard cases will translate all that kinetic energy through the system instead of absorbing it. So, they're really just a waste of money, and they can cause thermal issues as well.

As for backpacks, anything with a padded laptop compartment should be fine. The more padding the better generally speaking, but the law of diminishing returns exists here as well. Don't rely on the padded compartment to protect the laptop from any amount of abuse. Remember you have an expensive bit of electronics in the bag, and treat it accordingly. Do that, and you'll be fine.

- Collapse -
Case

How a bout using a sleeve for your MB? well this kind of case would serve as a clothe for your MB which primary purpose in to protect it when not in use during your travel. Take a look at these MacBook sleeve http://colcasac.com

CNET Forums

Forum Info