General discussion

What is .sqlite, what does it do etc

Hi,

Can anybody tell me:

- What is .sqlite (I have a vague idea that it tracks history etc)
- How does it track cookies, history etc

If I perform a clean with a registry cleaner (CC Cleaner or similar) does this still leave traces in .sqlite?

Basically I'm a little concerned that some privacy settings can leave traces in the memory and just would like to know how deep you have to dig to find these traces and exactly what they are

Cheers

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What is .sqlite, what does it do etc
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What is .sqlite, what does it do etc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It's A Database Management Program File & About Reg Cleaner

I'll suggest not using such.. Most registry cleaners cause more problems than they fix. It's your choice though.

As to .sqlite files, they are a temporary file created by the database program. Although the files generally can't be removed in "normal" Windows, they usually can be deleted in Safe Mode, IF YOU'RE SURE THEY CAN SAFELY BE REMOVED.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Temporary?

Wouldn't want to tamper with the files but I've used CC Cleaner before so happy to use that.

My only other question is that if .sqlite files are temporary, how temporary are they?

Cheers

- Collapse -
Depends on the program that writes them.

There's no general rule about how long and where to store data.

Kees

- Collapse -
So that leads me to one final question...

Can I find out what the rule is on my PC to see how long the .sqlite files are stored for?

Cheers

- Collapse -
If You're Not Using The Program, Uninstall It, Then...

...delete all the files. As mentioned earlier, there is no such rule.

If you ARE using the SQL database files, then I'd leave them alone, or check by "modified" date and delete the oldest ones, one at a time..

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
SQLITE is ..

Good day!

It is a relational database management system contained in a C programming library. In contrast to many other database management systems, SQLite is not a client–server database engine. Rather, it is embedded into the end program.

Here's the manual for SQLITE.
http://php.net/manual/en/book.sqlite.php

I hope this could help you.

CNET Forums

Forum Info