Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

What is NeXT Generation Personal Entertainment system?

by Inventor suriya / August 13, 2005 7:34 AM PDT

Tap recorder, walkman, Cd ,Mp3, Fm radio , Network Walkman,

Hard Drive Players (ipod)

What is NeXT Digital Music (Machine) Player?

What is NeXT Generation Personal Entertainment system?

Thing about wireless Digital Music Player!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is NeXT Generation Personal Entertainment system?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is NeXT Generation Personal Entertainment system?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Already own it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 13, 2005 8:07 AM PDT

"wireless Digital Music Player!"

My iPaq rx3115 alread does that.

Bob

Collapse -
No more cables, software, USB, downloads etc
by Inventor suriya / August 13, 2005 9:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Already own it.

Please find out my answear

http://yaauniverse.com/patent_invention/U1Receiver/how-it-works.htm

While the current cellular phones use WAP to transfer music from a web-site to the handset, UN Receiver proposes to modulate the music into radio frequencies and transmit to the handset using CDMA medium. This results in higher speeds of transfer when compared to WAP that the typical cellular mobile phones use, even if the mobile phone uses GPRS. This is achievable because the content that is being transferred from the website to the handset is known to be music. WAP is a general purpose protocol, allowing any kind of data to be transferred, mainly WML code. But since the content is restricted to music, UN Receiver uses the CDMA medium itself to transfer the contents instead of WAP. Any other data transfer is carried out using the control frequencies of CDMA.
Since they use WAP, the normal mobile phones require that the web sites they communicate with be specially designed. The UN Receiver doesn?t require this, as only indirect communication is made with the site.
Normal radio receivers cannot be upgraded to UN Receiver. UN Receiver is a specially made CDMA transceiver, though its name indicates that it is only a receiver.
Since CDMA is the medium of communication, the central transmitter is not required to be that powerful, nor do the handsets. The actual transmission/reception is carried out between the handset and the nearest transmission tower, as in the case of currently available cellular mobile phones.
The UN Receiver may be considered as a special purpose cellular mobile device, capable of receiving and playing music from a central broadcasting station. Value added services could include messaging service, but from the central broadcasting station to the handset only, and not between handsets. This is mainly because the purpose of the UN Receiver is to receive music, and not communication.
The only similarity between the UN Receiver and the currently available CDMA cellular mobile phones is the fact that they both use the CDMA RF transmission technology. The mobile phone is a communication device; messaging is an integral part of its functionality. The UN Receiver is an personal entertainment system; it can receive RF transmission that a central broadcasting station transmits through local towers, and play back the music to the user.
The difference between a normal radio and the UN Receiver is that with the radio, the users don?t have a choice as to what they listen, whereas in the UN Receiver, they can program what they want to listen ? they get to listen to personalized content. With the normal radio, there?s no guaranteed way of calculating the number of listeners at any given point of time except statistical projections based on educated and informed ?guess? work; with the UN Receiver, the transmission system knows exactly how many listeners are currently listening to the broadcast at any given moment.

To sum up, the UN Receiver is more like a personal CD player, with the exception that the content is received at runtime from a central storage over the air using Wideband CDMA technology.

Collapse -
Patent infringements.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 14, 2005 12:38 AM PDT

While you think you have something, you're going nowhere fast. I noted my rx3115 already did that (within the range of wifi) the concepts are already under patent by megacompanies that will squash you if you didn't do your patent work and even then.

Best of luck,

Bob

Collapse -
how to find industrial partners
by Inventor suriya / August 14, 2005 3:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Patent infringements.

Thanks for the interest please tell me
The target companies like: Sony, iPot, Nokia, Motorola, Microsoft,
Samsung. Our main focus is to seek industrial partners to recognize, accept
and produce our invented product.so how to do?what to do? if you know please tell me...

Collapse -
About Moto.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 14, 2005 4:55 AM PDT

I worked there about a decade ago and what you noted was already in the works.

I know you feel you have something new and great, but did you get the patents? If not, cut your losses now.

Bob

Collapse -
i got Patent
by Inventor suriya / August 15, 2005 12:29 AM PDT
In reply to: About Moto.

But i got patent so i will move if you can give me some + points

Collapse -
Then you are set for awhile.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 15, 2005 3:22 AM PDT
In reply to: i got Patent

The usual plot is to find someone violating your patent if the usual Apple, Moto, Nokia, etc won't talk to you and then send in the lawyers to negotiate your fees due.

If you don't protect your patent then it just gets harder.

Sadly, what I read is no different to me than what I see available today. There are issues with songs over cell phone networks, but we'll see that end with the iPhone.

bob

Collapse -
Dutch patent rights and Dutch certificates
by Inventor suriya / August 15, 2005 5:06 AM PDT

my technology has been patented by The Netherlands Industrial Property Office.
original Patent certificate and documents in the Netherlands Industrial Property Office

Application/1995 Pa Patent Number: 1023919
Title Persoonlijk mediasysteem.
IPC or IDT Classification G06F17/60;
Filed 2003.07.14 1st Applicant's Origin Nederland (NL)
Registered 2005.01.17
Granted 2005.01.17
Expiration 2023.07.13
Status Van kracht
Applicant/Holder Suriya Pasupathi; Amsterdam; Nederland (NL)
Inventor Suriya Pasupathi; Amsterdam; Nederland (NL)
Agent Ir. C.W. Bruin c.s.
Novelty Report Request 2003.10.20 Type International
Novelty Report 2004.02.16
Annual Fee Due 2007.07.31
Publications NL1023919C;

APPLICANT/HOLDER
Applicant/Holder From: 2003.07.14
Name Suriya Pasupathi; Amsterdam; Nederland (NL)
Address S. Pasupathi
Troelstralaan 1
1067 MV Amsterdam
Nederland (NL)
Inventor(s)
Name Suriya Pasupathi; Amsterdam; Nederland (NL)

Collapse -
who is produce our invented product?Japnes,US
by Inventor suriya / August 15, 2005 5:13 AM PDT

Sony, iPot, Nokia, Motorola, Microsoft,
Samsung. Our main focus is to seek industrial partners to recognize, accept
and produce our invented product.This is my first invention and I need
international
recognition for my future inventions
how to do?who is produce our invented product?Japn,US

Collapse -
My bet? China.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 15, 2005 5:19 AM PDT

At the moment they make about anything you'll hand the design over to them for. Forget recognition, sic the lawyers on infringers. That's where the money is.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?