General discussion

What is great way to design website?

Hi friend please suggest what is the great way to design a impressive website?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What is great way to design website?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What is great way to design website?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
My favorite is to take a great topic.

And then add pictures. People love pictures.
Bob

- Collapse -
My Suggestion

Hi,

Let me explain you the process of website development. There are two types of design services, one is based on templates (like I sent you) and other is customized. The later one: where the client ask for a special requirement or design that is specially designed for that client. It includes coding from scratch building files and database and then testing on different devices and browsers to see if there is issue. It is long and expensive process and only big and established businesses opt for these options.

For start-up the process is choosing a design from templates. Modifications are possible to a limited extent and the purpose of templates is to give the final estimate of what we are targeting and what will be final result. We can add buttons, labels and change colors of the templates but we cannot change the layout (like from square to circle).

So, the best idea for you will be selecting a template as a starting point because we have to create a start point and then start planning the final outcome.

I hope it will give a little more understanding of the process.

Thanks, Puneet
W3 Creatives

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove signature links that are prohibited in these forums on 12/11/2013 at 8:35 AM PT

- Collapse -
Proceess of website design

Hello

The great of designing a website is to follow two phases.
1. Buy Template
2. Create Customized template

1. Buy a template save your money and time but the main disadvantage is limited facilities. You can't add additional things,

2. Customizes solution. Advantage of adopting a customized solutions is that you can edit anytime according to client specific requirement.

Hope you will understand little about designing process.

Thanks
Akshita Sharma
FATbit Technologies

- Collapse -

Proven Ways to Build a Website that Customers Will Love

If it's Important, it Should be Obvious, Give Customers Closure, what's the Best Color for Conversions?, Apply Fitt's Law, The Power of Large, Concise Headlines, Use Plenty of White Space, Incorporate Directional Cues, The Persuasive Power of Social Proof,

- Collapse -

It depends who you are. If you are web developer you can create whatever you need. Otherwise, you should use already existing templates and use some website builder or pay for some web developer.

- Collapse -
Web Design

Best use of textures, images, typography, navigation. All key factors for best web design.

- Collapse -
Web Design

Also, keep visitors interested with great images and inviting info.

- Collapse -
Great way to design website

To be able to know the great way of designing an impressive website, you must first be able to define impressive in your own terms.

For me, an impressive website is a website with a fast load time, optimized image, simple navigation, and clean overall design. The color scheme should be balance between too light and too dark, and is not stressing to the eyes of viewers.

Now, the great way of designing an impressive website is to think of the best experience one can give to his/her website users.

- Collapse -
tips to develop your website

develop your website according to search engine. And increase your loading speed than only people can love to stay on your website.

- Collapse -
best software

Dreamweaver, best software for web site creation ever made.

- Collapse -
Dreamweaver

I afraid my wife is disagree with you. She learned Dreamweaver in college and she don't like it.

- Collapse -
Design Website

If you really want to design an impressive website keep some things in mind

1. Picture speaks more than words
2. Use simple and impressive colors
3. Very simple navigation
4. Keep the whole information in simple text don't fill out the webpage with content

and with all the things above i would recommend you to visit www.awwwards.com which gives awards to best web designs, there you definitely get some inspiration on how the design should be

All the best.....ping the website url once done

- Collapse -
(NT) Closed as the spammers have arrived.

CNET Forums

Forum Info