Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Question

What is considered the best "hosts" for websites or blogs?

by LoyalAmerican1 / December 9, 2014 4:46 AM PST

I recently obtained a beginner's package for only $4/mo. with Cosmobi if you mention ID# AYFDE. They even created my site from scratch. It is Great because it is mobile-optimized which is better than mobile-friendly. My question is does anyone else have some personal experiences with their website's host or have any opinions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What is considered the best "hosts" for websites or blogs?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What is considered the best "hosts" for websites or blogs?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
LINK FREE ZONE.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 4:55 AM PST

Your first post is pretty spammy so let's keep all the rest link free.

Also, keep in mind "best" was not defined well. Some folk need simple, other think best = "CHEAP!" and I can't tell what you consider best today is.
Bob

Collapse -
spammy?
by LoyalAmerican1 / December 9, 2014 5:14 AM PST
In reply to: LINK FREE ZONE.

Hello Bob,
I am new to the discussion forum; If I can not discuss what I bought and am utilizing, how do I mention to others to discuss for advice? Thank you

Collapse -
Sure you can
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 5:23 AM PST
In reply to: spammy?

One of the spammer's ploys is to try to skirt the no spam rules by leading without links and telling some code like you did. Not a good start.

Since you didn't move forward with defining what you think makes a great/best for you system, you're digging the usual hole a spammer digs.

Stop that and as they say in Star Wars "stay on target."
Bob

Collapse -
Bob, he's a veteran
by James Denison / December 9, 2014 5:24 AM PST
In reply to: LINK FREE ZONE.

because he signed up on Pearl Harbor Day.

Collapse -
(NT) Then let's hope they stay out of the brig.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 5:32 AM PST
In reply to: Bob, he's a veteran
Collapse -
WOW
by LoyalAmerican1 / December 9, 2014 6:36 AM PST

Yes, I am a U.S. Veteran. I guess I am just not educated because I can't explain what I mean in fancy computer terms that are usually only transparent to the experts.
I bought a website, named it in an online discussion forum and asked for advice and opinions based on Freedom of Speech without slandering or being negative and Wow. I did not ask anyone to visit that site, only hoping someone else knew of it and could get a good conversation going. I was trying to help myself and others. Now I am being told I am "digging the same hole as other spammers".

PRAISE THE LORD, HAPPY HOLIDAYS & GOD BLESS AMERICA

Collapse -
Not your fault entirely.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 6:41 AM PST
In reply to: WOW

The spammers have their ways with words and you lead with same. So I noted it and tried to steer you to tell what you mean by "best." To prime the pump I shared what many consider "bests."

For most it seems that cost and ease of use are the number 1s. If it meets your needs, it would be hard to beat.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: website
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 6:47 AM PST
In reply to: WOW

In your post, I can't find the url of your website, so indeed you did not ask visiting it. All you told was what you had paid to what hoster with what code, and they built your site. That can be considered an ad for them.

After that you ask a rather vague question about opinions on hosting companies, while it doesn't seem that you are inclined to change. That also gives some doubts on what the purpose of your post was.

Kees

Collapse -
(NT) It was Cosmobi. Pretty new player out there.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 6:57 AM PST
In reply to: Re: website
Collapse -
Cancellation
by LoyalAmerican1 / December 9, 2014 7:12 AM PST
In reply to: Re: website

I quit everyone. I genuinely do not want to argue and I am in the process of cancelling this account. The fun has been "taken out-of-this". Take care.

Collapse -
Sorry to read that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 7:15 AM PST
In reply to: Cancellation

I had hoped you would share your definition of best and we would take it from there.
Bob

Collapse -
i am just a nobody
by LoyalAmerican1 / December 9, 2014 7:22 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry to read that.

BOB,
I ain't got the smarts to figure out a way to cancell me accouwnt. Assisst with that please kind Sir. Thankyou

Collapse -
Why cancel? You could tell what you think is best
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 7:42 AM PST
In reply to: i am just a nobody

Otherwise no one can tell what they think about other web hosts.

Collapse -
why cancel you ask?
by LoyalAmerican1 / December 9, 2014 8:06 AM PST

Due to the unfortunate fact now that my profile has been, hypothetically, "flagged" and I am quite certain that the cyber-monitoring will continue and my posted threads ( "uh-oh, Happy learned how to put." Happy Gilmore '96) will be unfairly scrutinized and while the entire premise of having fun and learning is gone. Gee whiz, if only someone could have answered the original question I posted that would have been "neat".
Could you assist in the cancellation of this account please? I would appreciate it. Thank you. I've had two or three posts from intimidating individuals sending me posts about legalities when all I wanted to do was communicate and talk to someone or people about hosts and decipher which is considered the best in our capitalistic-based economy.
In someone's previous post to me it asked me to define best, and people may confuse best for "cheapest". Furthermore, In the United States of America, Best does not mean cheapest. It "goes without saying" what best means. In continuance, based on your epistemology and previous statement, you would equate the best laptop on the market as the cheapest?

Collapse -
Only if the OP lead with
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 8:27 AM PST
In reply to: why cancel you ask?

"Hey I got this laptop ue6 from coslabtops with the discount code abd144" would that send up the possible spammer flag.

It's a format that's been used by spammers for so long and no one will flag you as a spammer when you try again and tell what your definition of best is.

If you must go, just alert your post and a forum super person can clear it off.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!