Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

Question

What is a good program to monitor CPU/GPU temp?

Nov 24, 2013 7:57PM PST

I have noticed my laptop seems to be overheating a bit and I want to monitor my internal temps. I've tried Speccy and I feel like it is really inaccurate because it says my cpu is basically always running at 80-111C. I've tried Core temp but I don't think its compatible with my A10-4600M (says 0C). I've been using AMD override, does anyone know how accurate it is, or if there are any better programs specifically for AMD? Thanks!

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Answer
None.
Nov 24, 2013 11:21PM PST

All have shown issues and while it's fun to see such things the problem is that all seem inaccurate as you noted. And to make matters worse for you if you get one that does work but looks wrong, so far all the others will give you the same reading.

It's a shame you didn't include make and model since at the office we have a Tosh with that APU and I would have tried Speccy but the missing detail means I didn't.

In the future please try to post the full detail or flame me if I missed it as some may know that on such and such model you take the reading and divide it or such.
Bob

- Collapse -
PC
Nov 25, 2013 7:44AM PST

I have an Asus N56DP-DH11
CPU: AMD A10-4600m with integrated graphics
GPU: Radeon HD 7730M 2GB
Ram: 8GB

- Collapse -
Check your new post.
Nov 25, 2013 9:58AM PST

Not much new going on here!