Please Download and Install Ewido --
1. Download Ewido security suite from http://download.ewido.net/ewido-setup.exe
2. After the download is complete, double click on the file to launch the install process.
3. During installation under the Additonal Options menu, you will be asked if you want to "Install background guard (required for automatic updates)" and "Install scan via context menu". Please UNCHECK both of these options.
4. Once installation is complete, launch Ewido by double-clicking the big "E" icon on your desktop. The program will prompt you to update -- click the 'OK' button.
5. The program will now go to the main screen. On the left hand side of the main screen, click on Update and then click 'Start Update'. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. After the updates are installed, you will see 'Update Successful' in the lower left corner.
Once the updates are installed do the following:
Please reboot into Safemode:
Turn on the computer.
Immediately begin tapping the F8 key (or F5 on some computers)
Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
When your computer is booted into Safe Mode, then continue.
6. Click on 'Scanner' (the 3rd bar from the top on the left) and Choose 'Settings'
7. Please make sure 'Scan Every File' is selected. Finally, please click 'OK'
8. On the main screen, please select 'Complete System Scan' and the scan should begin.
9. While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose clean, then put a check next to 'Perform action on all infections' in the left corner of the box so you don't have to sit and watch Ewido the whole time. Click OK.
10. When the scan is complete, click "Save Report". You scan results will be saved in a textfile. Please submit that with your next post.
If during your scan Ewido "crashes" or "hangs", please try scanning again. Before running the scan, click on 'Scanner' (the 3rd bar from the top on the left) and Choose 'Settings'. Uncheck 'Scan in NTFS Alternate Data Streams' as this can cause problems in overly infected systems. Click 'OK' and then follow the instructions from step #8 again.
Exclamation Note: Ewido is a free trial product for 14 days. Since Ewido is a trial version, the realtime guard and automatic update will stop functioning after 14 days (which is the reason we uncheck them during installation). You can use Ewido as an on-demand scanner (recommended) but you will have to manually update the definition file each time you scan.
Did this solve your problem?