General discussion

What Happened to Google's LIFE Photo Archive?

Hello,

A couple of years ago Google decided to host the LIFE photos and archive them on their servers. The home page still loads " http://images.google.com/hosted/life " but not much else remains. Even their own links on that home page return null results. I found this problem when I was trying to show my Daughter that her Grandparent's picture was in LIFE magazine. The photo was taken of them getting seated on the bus that drove them to NYC for their honeymoon. I have tried contacting Google through their "Give us feedback" link but I have not seen any improvement or gotten a reply explaining why it is not working.

Does anybody know what happened? Did Google stop hosting the photos? Or is something broken? I have been unable to get an actual email address to write to Google and ask. Although I tried webmaster@google.com and it didn't bounce

Thanks for any info that you can share.

- Mark S.
Sungazer420

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What Happened to Google's LIFE Photo Archive?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What Happened to Google's LIFE Photo Archive?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info