General discussion

What freebie s/w can...

I can zoom on a photo w/o breaking up the details. I use Picasa now and then for some photos. My small camera never came with any good s/w other than basic stuff.

Basically, I want sharp details of a photo that I zoomed-in on and point to an area of concern. Its no fun when what's required is all fuzzy, etc. and makes the zoom-in no good. I do OK when I do my own pics but fail rather miserably when finding a pic that could explain a problem but usually they fail upon zoom-in. I hope I explained this right, any help?

thanks -----Willy Happy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: What freebie s/w can...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What freebie s/w can...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Free SW

I dont think you're explaining yourself that well, if I understand you you want detail in an image when you zoom in? If so its not the software but the camera? Could you link an image as an example?

Picasa is definately the best I've used, you could also try Gimp but its a little more complex and not as user friendly.

Hope thats of some help.

- Collapse -
Hope this explains better

These are already done pictures/photos. They are a library I'm building mostly from www or those I generated. I don't make new pics often so what little I have I use to explain or point out an area to display. What happens, more detail is required when pointing to a peculiar area, thus a "zoom-in" and when done that way it breaks-up or becomes useless. It not a retaking of a pic in order to zoom on it, its those already taken long ago.

I plan to grab some more freebies, but access to hi-speed ISP isn't available in my rural area. So when I visit those that have it, I can zero-in on files that I require, thus the post. I don't want to waste time if possible because I'm using the broadband as a favor.
------Willy Happy

CNET Forums