Speakeasy forum

General discussion

What do you want it for?

by JP Bill / April 27, 2006 12:55 AM PDT
Family wants woman's head back

LONGUEUIL, Que. (CP) - A distraught family is offering $10,000 for clues to help solve a gruesome mystery involving a 68-year-old woman whose body was decapitated in a funeral home last July.

"Every morning we wake up and we say 'Where is the head?' " said 63-year-old Ghyslaine Lemay, a sister of Cecile Lemay whose family has lived in torment ever since the bizarre incident. Several of Lemay's relatives held a news conference Wednesday to appeal for help after police admitted their investigation is no further advanced than it was last summer when the funeral home was vandalized.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What do you want it for?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What do you want it for?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Closure, maybe; and to right a wrong
by MarciaB / April 27, 2006 4:50 AM PDT

done to a loved one and the family.

I can't imagine how I would feel if something like this had happened with Orion. I would be devastated, and I would want something done about it.

What a horrible thing. Sad

Collapse -
I think maybe he meant
by Rick S / April 27, 2006 5:01 AM PDT

why would you want it as in why would you want to take it.

Collapse -
I think maybe you are correct :)
by MarciaB / April 27, 2006 8:07 AM PDT
In reply to: I think maybe he meant

When I read his question I was thinking (or not, as the case may be) of it in the other direction.

Not the first time I've done that Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Rick is correct, sorry for the confusion.
by JP Bill / April 27, 2006 10:54 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) My fault, not yours. Thank you, though :)
by MarciaB / April 27, 2006 2:07 PM PDT
Collapse -
There have been similar events.
by Angeline Booher / April 27, 2006 7:41 AM PDT

Last month or so there were stories about parts of bodies being taken. As I didn't catch the entire coverages, I don't know if it happened at the mortuaries or if the graves were plundered. Nor do I know why.

But I do recall that Alastair Cook (of Masterpiece Theater) was one of them.

I feel for the Quebec family!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
I believe tjere was a story recently
by Steven Haninger / April 27, 2006 8:12 AM PDT

about a women stopped in a Florida airport who had a human skull in her luggage. I think it was a customs issue of some sort. The story suggested the skull was part of her voodoo beliefs and was to ward off evil spirits. I would have to wonder if such a funeral home theft had a connection to this practice.

Collapse -
RE: What do you want it for?
by caktus / April 27, 2006 3:42 PM PDT

Some jerks just have no respect for the living [or] the dead. Sad

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.