WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF SOUNDFORGE

hi
i was just curious about how this software is good for
audio cleaning?is it good?

coonsanders

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF SOUNDFORGE
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF SOUNDFORGE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
No. Why?

Because sound cleaning is something that only the person who did the cleaning can declare it good or not good enough. In the circles I run, we have software programmers with years of experience that will create a custom filter.

Imagine that you need to remove a gunshot at a specific point. No off the shelf cleaner will do that. Your programmers with probably decades of work in that field will have to create the cleaner.

So my answer is no and no off the shelf software could pass some folk's criteria.

-> With that out of the way, try titles and see which does the best job.

Also, it was a shame last year when I was asked this question. After going through a long list of titles they finally revealed they were trying to clean up an old cassette tape of the beach boys. They wanted one song and they exploded when I noted you could buy it on iTunes for 99 cents. They never revealed why they were willing to spend 99 bucks on cleaner software but not 99 cents for a fresh MP3.
Bob

- Collapse -
a reply

well ive tried nero..now im using magix..i may try soundforge..magix has next to no support which sucks..

lenny

- Collapse -
Why not just give it a try by...

download audio studio 10 for a free trial.

- Collapse -

hi
i couldent download the trial..they said it was over..

coonsanders

CNET Forums