Computer Help forum

General discussion

What Do I Need To Download A Video Clip?

by maj.fran7 / February 26, 2010 5:34 PM PST

Can anyone please tell me what I need to download a video clip, when I do download, it does it in very small sections, and only displays the video in samll sections which does not make for very good entertainment.
Any and all sugestions would be gratefully received.
System: Win Vista Home premium with SP2,Intel Dual core 6600 2.4 x 2, 2gb mem, nVidia GeForce 8600, 750gb Seagate Hard drive.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What Do I Need To Download A Video Clip?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What Do I Need To Download A Video Clip?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
There is no simple answer.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 26, 2010 9:16 PM PST

Hi Majfran.

There is no simple answer to your question because the possibilities are (almost) limitless. However you can help us to help you by refining your question, eg;

1] Download video clips from where?

2] What is your internet connection speed?

But to get you started;

If you mean downloading video from torrent sites or from other P2P like Limewire, we will not be able to help you in these forums. All too often P2P downloading of videos involve copyrighted or pirated video files and CNET's Forum Policies prevent us from assisting with pirating or copyright issues.

If you mean from web sites, then if the particular web site allows you to download video clips in it's TOS, (Terms of Service), then you are wholly governed by what the web site offers. If it offers a video file divided into separate parts, then that is the only way you can download the files.

I hope that helps.

Collapse -
What Do I Need To Download A Video Clip?
by maj.fran7 / February 27, 2010 5:43 PM PST

Hello Mark,
Yes I should have said I was talking about Video Clips from a web site. That just goes to prove that you should maybe always read the Terms & Conditions so you know what you are letting yourself in for.Using the I.Explorer news page everything is fine but when I looked to view clips from a less desireable site that was when it came in small sections and proved almost impossible to view.
A lesson learnt, many thanks.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?