General discussion

What did you do with your old cell phone?

Like so many other "gadgets" in our lives, the cell phone is another that clutters one's desk or closet. So, what did you do with yours when the new one came into your life? Mine, I donated several to the county recycle pgm. which supposely offers them again for use for abused women, kids(in touch) and several supported govt. pgms. or sold back for penance in order to be resold or recycled(green) into their basics by dealers. -----Willy Happy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: What did you do with your old cell phone?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What did you do with your old cell phone?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I haven't bought it yet.
Devil
- Collapse -
Mine are usually broke or worn out

I had my last one for almost 4 years before I replaced it when the electronics in the hinge started malfunctioning. Most of mine end up in the trash or sent back to my provider in exchange for my replacement.

- Collapse -
They take all

They would have taken the broken ones too in order to reduce the trash source of those batteries and other bad stuff found in them. One of mine was truly an old one, remember the small battery bricks used some time ago. Anyways, I'm sure the newer ones will get some use, if not then they're properly disposed of. I tend to buy replacement cell phones when the batteries become weak or need too much attention. they also take on those "electronic days" other devices of PC type. It was good to clear the closet of some of these items. otherwise, the Goodwill would have gotten them as well as they too recycle now, at least around here, they do. -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
My wife collects used cell phones for a school that

recycles them. They get points toward the purchase of technology items. The same operation also does the same with printer cartridges. As for myself, I don't own an old one...or a new one either. Happy

CNET Forums