Computer Help forum

Question

What could be wrong with my computer?

by tjenkoolman / April 19, 2013 3:25 AM PDT

These are my laptop's specifications:

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.90 GHz

RAM memory: 6GB

Type system: 64-bits

So in total, not a bad pc to game on, right?
When I first had this PC about 3 months ago everything was working fine, my games were lag-free and everything ran smoothly. But recently i've been experiencing problems, my games are lagging massively, everything takes longer to start up or load and my pc gets boiling hot, really quick.

My windows experience index score is only 2,3, and 3 months earlier it was 8,7.

What could be the problem?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What could be wrong with my computer?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What could be wrong with my computer?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
What changes were made prior to the problem?
by wpgwpg / April 19, 2013 3:40 AM PDT

Did you update any drivers shortly before the problem? Has the laptop been around a lot of dust? Have you spilled anything on it? What are the temps you say are so high? What version of Windows? Have you booted to Safe Mode and checked for viruses? What is the brand of your PC? Since it's only 3 months old, it should still be under warranty, so you should check with the manufacturer about it.

Collapse -
Clarification
by tjenkoolman / April 19, 2013 3:45 AM PDT

I did update my drivers but that was after the problem occured so i don't think it would be a problem. And no it's not been around dust in the past 4 months it only spent time on my desk. I don't know the exact teperatures of the heat but it was very hot, i could burn myself on the side and it can sometimes just shut down out of nothing (supposedly because of the heat). It's a Windows 8. And i have, no virusses to be found. And it's a Samsung.

I will contact my manufacturer but i wanted to make sure that there is nothing i, myself can do.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I can't guess the model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 19, 2013 4:23 AM PDT

I see the Samsung and at home we have the RV515 with similar specs. However it has Windows 8 and is not used much. If it worked fine then tanked it could be an update so why not use System Restore to when it worked?

Installing drivers does not fix such things in my experience.
Bob

Collapse -
The weird thing
by tjenkoolman / April 19, 2013 5:17 AM PDT

That's the weird thing, i already used system restore to when it worked, and it's still not working...

I really don't know what's the matter.
Oh and with my youtube video's there are these flashing bars on my video's constantly flashing and moving and obstructing my screen, maybe worth mentioning..

Collapse -
(NT) Still missing the model number.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 19, 2013 5:31 AM PDT
In reply to: The weird thing
Collapse -
(NT) Samsung Series 3 355E7C-S03
by tjenkoolman / April 19, 2013 5:39 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
I see Noch Fragen? at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 19, 2013 6:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
Don't know german
by tjenkoolman / April 19, 2013 8:53 PM PDT

Unfortunately i'm not from germany and i can't speak german, so i also can't read the site, i've decided to go to my retailer and ask him what the problem could be, i really hope that they can fix it or give me another one, thank you all for your help!

Collapse -
Sorry but here's the trouble as I see it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 20, 2013 1:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Don't know german

I had to ask what model it was, then that's the only page I found on it. At this point I still don't know if it comes with Windows 7 or 8 so I can't offer more than the few common restore features.

I know folk don't want to reveal too much information but it's like working on a car. Foreign or domestic can have me reach for different tools.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.