General discussion

What can Panasonic do to improve plasma picture quality

I was wondering what improvements could be made to overall viewing quality of any future plasmas? I'm tempted to go with the G25 now but what if something bigger and better comes out? I know tech is always improving but does anyone know what's in the works? Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: What can Panasonic do to improve plasma picture quality
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What can Panasonic do to improve plasma picture quality
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I thought VT series is the latest.

I maybe wrong though.

- Collapse -
A little bird tells me...

...that not this upcoming model year, but during the following is when we shall see the next incantation of Panny plasmas that really solve some of the current squeaks and creaks. They will start to properly implement some more of the Pioneer technology that Matsushita purchased when Pio exited the plasma business. This should include better video processing and more consistent black levels, along with less power consumption.

Here's the thing though, there's always something new coming along. If you really want to enjoy the PQ of plasma, the G25 would still be a great choice. Otherwise, you will never pull the trigger and actually buy one Wink.

- Collapse -
Thanks guys!

I just didnt want to buy a new set now and in a few months a better option come out. thanks again

CNET Forums

Forum Info