Think about using a camcorder.

Most of Europe has a tariff on cameras.
Any camera that can record video for 30 minutes or longer is classified as a video camera.
That means it will be taxed at a higher rate.

To get around this tax, most digital camera makers limit how long you can record a video.
Some camera makers sell a different camera for Europe and another for the USA.
Some digital cameras recording time are limited by the file size.
Many digital cameras warn you about overheating causing premature shutdown.

Camcorders do not have these problems.

Here is a link to the Camcorders Forum:;blankArea.2