Phones forum

General discussion

What Bluetooth Headset Should I Buy??!? HELP!!

Wow! So many Bluetooth headsets and so many reviews -- I think I have read them all! But I really need to REAL feedback here.

My priorities for the headset are VOLUME (I hate quiet headsets), SOUND QUALITY (it is important that the caller be able to hear me very clearly) and COMFORT.

I prefer the type of headset that has a behind-the-ear clip like the Motorola H700 over just in-the-ear types like the Plantronic (is that spelled right?), but am open to suggestions.

Right now I have a Motorola RAZR H3 headset that I purchased on eBay (a big mistake). My phone is a RAZR and I like that the designs are similar -- and I especially like the design of the H3 headset. However, although sound for ME is great, the sound quality for callers is horrible -- people can barely understand anything I say due to static. My phone and headset are always fully charged and the phone is right with me when talking, so I assume that the H3 I purchased on eBay is a cheap clone from China because the price was just too good to be true -- and I can't believe that a real Motorola would sound that bad for people on the other end of the phone.

I was thinking of buying another H3 from an authorized dealer, but after reading reviews here on CNET, I am worried that the volume level will be too low. (Volume levels seem to be a major complaint for Motorola headsets.)

So, I thought I would look to see which headset had the best sound quality -- both in terms of volume and for sound for callers.

I would appreciate ANY input you might have!

Thanks!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What Bluetooth Headset Should I Buy??!? HELP!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What Bluetooth Headset Should I Buy??!? HELP!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
jabra

In reply to: What Bluetooth Headset Should I Buy??!? HELP!!

I have use the Jabra headset for at least 4 -5 years and have been happy. The sound quality is strong and the ear piece is comfortable. I have used the behind the ear style (see the FreeSpeak 250 model) with no problems. The only concern I have is that the first 2 headsets that I owned did not seem to recharge after two years. This may be similar to other brands, but I wish they would have lasted longer.

I have also heard very good reviews for Plantronics headsets.

Collapse -
Thank you!

In reply to: jabra

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Yes, I have been hearing some good things about the Jabra behind-the-ear unit. And to tell you the truth, I had not even considered a behind-the-ear headset, but NOW I am thinking more seriously about them. The Jabra 250 unit that you mentioned was rated an Editor's Choice by CNET -- so ...

Thanks again!!

Collapse -
My choice: Plantronics Voyager 510

In reply to: What Bluetooth Headset Should I Buy??!? HELP!!

I bought this headset about 2 weeks ago and I've loved it ever since. I ended up buying my boyfriend the same headset which he received today in the mail. He is very happy with this great headset as well. We have tried 3 different bluetooth headsets before this one, the Samsung WEP200 (uncomfortable to wear, extremely poor quality), the Motorola H350 and the Motorola H500 (it's really annoying if you have to constantly have to reach for the headset to reposition it or even pick it up when it falls down). NONE of those come even remotely close to the quality of this Plantronics headset. It is extremely comfortable to wear, even if you have to wear it all day, I often forget that I'm wearing it. The sound quality is just as if you are talking on the phone without a headset which is great, that is one of the reasons why I bought this headset for my boyfriend, I got tired of having to ask constantly what he had said, his old headset just wasn't cutting it at all, especially when he was driving in the car with the window open. This headset connects very easily to any bluetooth enabled cellphone as well. The ONLY con we have is that it takes a couple of seconds when you press the answer button to answer a phonecall or when you want to place a call. All in all this bluetooth headset is the Creme de la Creme of bluetooth headsets, I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great and comfortable headset that also provides great quality. I hope this helps you to find the bluetooth headset that is right for you Happy We LOVE the Plantronics Voyager 510

Collapse -
Thank you!

In reply to: My choice: Plantronics Voyager 510

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me! I will certainly look into the Voyager 510! Sound quality -- at both ends -- is my most important criteria, followed by comfort and price. Thanks again!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.