General discussion

What are those things called?

What are those machines called that project your computer screen onto a screen on the wall for a presentation? I need to know what they're called, pros and cons and how they work as I need to develop some presentations. I haven't done anything like this since I used slides, so I'm starting from scratch.


Discussion is locked
Reply to: What are those things called?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What are those things called?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
Try LCD projector

I don't know why they are called that as they generally use a special incandescent lamp.

- Collapse -

There are different types of projectors, the most common are overhead projectors, LCD projectors and DLP projectors. The latter two are generally used in conjuction with computer hook ups, the overhead type are used with transparencies.

- Collapse -
Here . . .
- Collapse -
BTW . . .

The good ones will display 1080 resolution and can double as a movie theater projector for your Blu-ray player.

CNET Forums