General discussion

What are the facts I should consider when I buy a 3D TV ?

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> I know there are always pros and cons for every 3D TV or its technology, but what are the most important facts I should consider when I buy a 3D TV? Is it the price, resolution, 3D glasses, feature, viewing position, what else? What do you guys think?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: What are the facts I should consider when I buy a 3D TV ?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What are the facts I should consider when I buy a 3D TV ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

I don't know if you've scrolled through this board because there has been a lot of discussion about all the points you raised. If you haven't, I would suggest you do and then post any requests for opinons, clarification or recommendations.

- Collapse -
Here's a stunner. 4 to 10 percent of folk can't see 3D
- Collapse -
Technology!!

I think you should first see the technology used by the particular brand..

- Collapse -

Hey Friend!

- Collapse -
Don't go with LG....

I would recommend you not go with LG, although i am not against the FPR 3d tech but i didn't trust on LG any how.
i just suggest to "gscottt" if you are satisfied with FPR 3d tech,
if any other brand is using this tech then must go with that only, but not with LG....!

- Collapse -
Not agreed....!!!!!!

Well i am not agree with your point of view....since i know FPR is only used by LG till yet and if LG is using the superior 3d tech than how come LG be bad...!!!

- Collapse -
Facts to consider

I guess most important thing to consider is depends on your situation and your preference. In my case, it was glasses and cost. I live with 3 other friends and decided to buy 3D TV this year. We all agreed on buying LED 3D TV with Full HD. We couldn't decide which type of 3D technology TV, because two of us wanted the active type and the other two wanted the passive type. We all had good reasons to support, but later we figured out we wanted the passive 3D TV because we needed at least 4 pairs of glasses plus spares for some of our friends that come over during the weekend. That was at least an extra $400 if we bought the active type. Beside, passive 3D TV glasses were simple and easy to store because we don't have to charge them everytime after use, and we could save some money on the electricity bill too. However, the kicker was that my friend said he was getting headaches and was not able to watch anything on active types because of the flickers. We bought an LG's LW6500 because it was the best 3D TV for us in our situation and we got a pretty good deal on it too.

CNET Forums