The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

What are the chances of iPhone Nano Announcement @ MacWorld

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What are the chances of iPhone Nano Announcement @ MacWorld
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What are the chances of iPhone Nano Announcement @ MacWorld
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well

In reply to: What are the chances of iPhone Nano Announcement @ MacWorld

You can't take over the mobile phone market with only smart phones right? Maybe something without app store, safari or mail on a cheaper no data plan.
But maybe apple wouldn't want to make a limited device and it's a smaller iPhone with just EDGE.

I dunno though could just be a marketing ploy by a case designer to drive up page visits. Wink

Ohh btw I posted this reply from by iPhone Wink

Collapse -
Smaller isn't enough

A "shrunk" iPhone simply wouldn't work, the interface is really only just usable with your fingers in the current form factor. A 3/4 iPhone would either have to have a stylus (which Apple will never do) or be radically redesigned on many levels. Apple would either have to bring out a dumbed-down iPhone in the current form factor or something smaller that was as different from the current iPhone as the Shuffle was from the original iPod.

Collapse -
iphone nano

In reply to: Smaller isn't enough

a nano made sense in the case of ipod. they basically invented and revolutionized that market. late comers to the cell phone party, they've revolutionized things again, but I don't think they're about to introduce a line. Maybe new technolgies...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Can't see this one happening!

Collapse -
What are the chances of iPhone Nano Announcement @ MacWorld

I am going to guess 50% that you will get it at MacWorld or some time in June or at WWDC. Some time maybe in March on Apple's time since this is Apple's last MacWorld.

Collapse -
Absolutly None

There's no way Apple is announcing products other than Mac Related products at this year's Macworld.

Remember, Steve Jobs is not presenting the keynote, and that can mean, the Keynote is going to all focus on Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Also, here's another thing: Could Steve Job have already died without us knowing about it somehow, so the company stays in shape?

Collapse -
!!!!RUMOR STARTER!!!!

In reply to: Absolutly None

I say he is on his deathbed and they are looking for a *Dave* to put in his place.

Collapse -
You want me to do what?

In reply to: !!!!RUMOR STARTER!!!!

Uh.... what is "Dave" needed for?

Collapse -
Hmm?

They don't need Steve to do a iPhone keynote any more than they do for a mac keynote.

Collapse -
don't be silly. If they deliberately lied to shareholders

Apple would be sued into oblivion.

The more obvious answer is that that the Apple board of directors and Jobs both realize other leaders need start showing their faces in public if he ever wants a chance to retire.

Collapse -
All the apps and web-apps are designed for 480x320, right?

So how well would a smaller screen work?

Collapse -
Ok, so it appears this is well founded rumor now.

Vaja cases has a iPhone Nano listed under their Apple phone section.

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html

So what is it going to be? Same resolution just smaller? How are the apps going to scale to different screen sizes?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.