Question

What are my options for a FLAC-supporting flash based player

I am trying to find a player with great sound quality; one that supports FLAC, has at least decent battery life (one area my clip plus failed in), has a radio, and lots of space ( 16gb or more would be good. Less with an expansion slot is fine too). Ow, and a user interface that doesn't lag when you press the buttons. That is all. I don't give a **** about apps, wifi, touchscreens, videos, etc. I want to hear all my music, in all its' glory. I know "best" is a subjective term , so please just list the ones you know of, and I will be more than happy.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: What are my options for a FLAC-supporting flash based player
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: What are my options for a FLAC-supporting flash based player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Limited options.
- Collapse -
Close

I really like those aAchos players, but the battery life is not very inspiring

- Collapse -
A few years ago

A friend caught some flac fever. Everything had to be in that format. Later it was OGG and today he's recovered and just gets the tunes and plays the titles with his droid phone.

You'll still find folk with that thought.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
I would load a Sandisk player with Rockbox 3.8

The free Rockbox OS works like a charm for me on my older Sandisk. I can fill a SDHC card with FLAC files and enjoy the higher quality sound on the road. FLAC files are great too since you can quickly create a full fledged mix CD for a friend ("old school") and not lose any sound quality. [The software called Burrrn is a great for this, btw.]

CNET Forums