Laptops forum

General discussion

What about the SAMSUNG NC10?

by Josepheroth / December 1, 2008 11:34 AM PST

I've read great reviews on this netbook on Amazon and newegg.
I just wanted to know what CNET thinks of this product.
I see that there's no full review yet, so maybe one of you guys can give me a nice review.

I'm a high school sophomore and most of the people in my school have the Asus eee pc (the ones with the 7 inch screen...I forgot the name since there are like a billion eee's...)
The samsung nc10 looks like a promising netbook for me and I'm ready to take the plunge.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What about the SAMSUNG NC10?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What about the SAMSUNG NC10?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
lol
by Josepheroth / December 1, 2008 11:45 AM PST

anyone?
i know it's kind of late, but even people on the Bungie.net forums are active!

any input is appreciated

Collapse -
What was Cnet Thinking? No review for Samsung NC10 yet
by iconsz / December 2, 2008 12:21 AM PST

I am quite surprised Cnet chose to not be a leader on reviewing and keeping up to date with the NC10. This is samsung's testing water netbook, and it's it looks VERY promising. I ordered one last week and it's arriving tomorrow. It was finally a netbook that caught my attention. I no longer have to sacrifice having to use a netbook with either near-no-memory (like SSD drives w/ 4GB or HDD with 60gb) AND low battery life with a maximum of 1GB memory. Samsung takes care of all this with it's unbeatable battery life, style, 1gb memory and 160gb HDD. Even more amazing is that the memory and HDD are instantly upgradeable to 2GB and 320GB within a matter of minutes.. and the parts are widely available. And it actually comes with XP instead of Vista. Smart move, you can install Linux on there.. if you want.. with that much space.

These things are seriously.. seriously backordered well past Christmas. For now, there's only fleEbay, good thing for us there's the microsoft live 30% rebates going on. I got one for under list/retail price by almost $100.

Honestly I don't know what cnet was thinking. They always cover things I like, but this was too good to have to worry about checking cnet reviews for. Maybe that's why Happy

Collapse -
now THAT, is covered in awesomesauce!
by Josepheroth / December 2, 2008 8:27 AM PST

This is exactly what I was thinking. I've read spectacular reviews on the Samsung NC10.
I'm probably going to get this netbook for Christmas, if availability permits me to do so.

You seem to know a lot about upgrading hardware, so I'll probably ask you how to do it also.
Thanks for the response Grin

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!