HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

What a surprise this AM...

by Rolway / May 3, 2006 12:24 AM PDT

The coumadin clinic just changed companies that come to the house and do the blood draws every 1 or 2 weeks as needed. So, I have a new blood drawer.

You should see this one. Man, shes a spitting image of Dracula. Black suit, tie, shoes and all. Hair slicked back with pale face just like Dracula. I don't think it was a joke either. Pretty sure shes gay, but good grief I still have the shakes. Boy, I need a drink after this one. No wonder us old folks wind up in the wacko farm. Sad

George

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What a surprise this AM...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What a surprise this AM...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"I don't drink...
by EdH / May 3, 2006 12:26 AM PDT

wine."

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I don't either, but it would'nt take much to pop a few.
by Rolway / May 3, 2006 12:33 AM PDT
In reply to: "I don't drink...
Collapse -
Surprise
by marinetbryant / May 3, 2006 1:20 AM PDT

Maybe it's part of a new medical Gestapo plan!

Tom

Collapse -
hehehe
by Glenda / May 3, 2006 1:41 AM PDT

J called and asked for an ugly one Devil You must have enjoyed the blood draws too much with the other one Devil

Collapse -
Yeah, the other one was pretty nice...
by Rolway / May 3, 2006 1:59 AM PDT
In reply to: hehehe

She and her husband have a Harley Road King like my sons. Wants to get her own because of the gas prices. Every weekend its like a Harley pit stop here. May as well have them during the week too. Happy

George

Collapse -
Hoping
by Glenda / May 3, 2006 2:01 AM PDT

you get your Harley ride real soon:) When you do have fun:)

Collapse -
Make her laugh....
by John Robie / May 3, 2006 2:02 AM PDT

so you can check her eye teeth. She may be getting a little extra for herself.

Also lay a cross nearby where she can't miss it and check the reaction. Have someone sharpen a few reduced broom sticks to also lay around for her reaction.
Grin

Collapse -
Gee John. I don't want to make her nervous..
by Rolway / May 3, 2006 2:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Make her laugh....

Remember, shes the one sticking me. Don't worry I'm watching how much she takes out. One tube and thats it. Same size as the other one had.

George

Collapse -
But did she ...
by Angeline Booher / May 3, 2006 5:57 AM PDT

.... hit the vein without trouble or excruciating pain?

That's always a plus! Happy

As long as the venipuncture goes well, I wouldn't care if he/she looked like The Hulk.

(But if if he/she looked like bin Laden, I would feel a tad edgey!:-) )

How did you keep a straight face? (Betcha had a nice smile.) I hope her name is not Leech. Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Yes, she got the vein OK & No pain.
by Rolway / May 3, 2006 6:40 AM PDT
In reply to: But did she ...

As a matter of fact Angeline, she did alright. Some of them stick the needle in there and wiggle it all around till something comes out. Cry

Don't remember smiling. To busy keeping my eye on her. Doggone she was tall. At least 6ft 5in. I'm not kidding about this. Its true. Sure looked like Dracula to me.

George

Collapse -
Being that you're in Boston I must ask....
by Josh K / May 3, 2006 6:07 AM PDT

...Was it Lilith Crane?

Grin

Collapse -
Had to look her up Josh.
by Rolway / May 3, 2006 6:54 AM PDT

Cheers to you too. Never been in there.

And no, I'm not in Boston, thank the good lord for that. About 25 miles north of Beantown out of harms way, but we do get occasional flack out of there.

George

Collapse -
LOL, the food is actually pretty good
by Josh K / May 3, 2006 12:40 PM PDT

And the place doesn't look at all like the TV bar on the inside. It's good fun if you're in the neighborhood.

Collapse -
Reminds me of Halloween one year ...
by Bill Osler / May 3, 2006 10:56 AM PDT

Back before I sold my practice and 'went corporate' a few years ago the office nurses did all the phlebotomy work.

One year at Halloween they both dressed up as vampires, complete with black outfits, white faces, fake fangs and capes. I hope they didn't scare any of the kids that day!

When I point patients toward the lab I frequently tell them they need to go visit the vampires.

Collapse -
What a Happy Surprise this noon....
by Rolway / May 5, 2006 6:41 AM PDT

My Doc called and the series of blood work up, taken 2 weeks ago all came back negative. Took me off coumadin today. Now, if I can just get rid of some of these other pills. Anyway, good bye Dracula. Good, good.

George

Collapse -
WOW!!! That is....
by Glenda / May 5, 2006 7:05 AM PDT

really good news:) No more blood suckers Devil
I have to stay on coumadin for life so I don't get the reprieve:( My INR has been going up and down so often I am driving the clinc nuts Happy It had been like 1.6 then in 2 weeks went up to 2.5, then it went back down to 1.4, Now my last one on 4/27 was 4.6:( The only good thing about that was I got to eat salads and all the veggies in the chinese food we went out for:) I am so happy for you:) Hugs:)

Collapse -
Boy, your INR numbers
by Rolway / May 5, 2006 8:45 AM PDT
In reply to: WOW!!! That is....

sure bounce around a lot Sue...Mine never went above 2.5 or below 1.7 They told me back in Oct. I would probably be on the coumadin at least 6 months. The original blood tests were border line anyway. 13 and below is negative. 14 and above is positive. I was bearly a 14. Whatever all that is, I don't know, but this time I tested below 14. These are different tests than the weekly ones. Code numbers are: QIBA, ACAP, CK, ALDO, ESR.

I hope you are able to get yours under control and it stays between 2 & 5 if thats your numbers.

George....Thanks Evie and Angeline

Collapse -
Thanks George.........
by Glenda / May 5, 2006 9:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Boy, your INR numbers

The INR is supposed to be 2.5, I have always had a problem keeping stable, I think this is why my Doctor wants me at the clinic Devil What gets me is I am not doing anything different, same diet, same exercise( as little as possible Devil ] So I have no clue why I do this Sad Someone will probably write a book on me Devil

Collapse -
That is good news!!!
by Angeline Booher / May 5, 2006 7:13 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Great news George!
by Evie / May 5, 2006 7:47 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.