Speakeasy forum

General discussion

What a Load of Armitage!

by Evie / September 15, 2006 9:43 AM PDT
What a Load of Armitage!

Nothing new here for the informed, but can't have too many knowledgeable voices explaining this to the rest.

Sweetness & Light blog has taken to calling this case the Wreck of the Peter Fitzgerald! Any parody writers out there?
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: What a Load of Armitage!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: What a Load of Armitage!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I didn't know about the Fitzgerald part of it
by Dragon / September 15, 2006 9:52 AM PDT

What a guy. Makes me wonder about his affiliations.

Collapse -
A little background for you,
by duckman / September 15, 2006 10:45 AM PDT

Patrick Fitzgerald in a round a bout way is why Barack (he who walks on water? Obama got elected. Senator Peter Fitzgerald appointed/nominated Patrick to Illinois to investigate the corruption in Former Governor Ryans administration. And because State Treasurer Judy Barr-Tipinski was the de facto head of the Republican party and as sleazy as Ryan and did not want sate politic to be investigated, she did not support Senator Fitzgerald?s re-election bid. In Illinois he WAS held as a man of integrity until this mess came about.

Collapse -
The Burger King crowd here should
by duckman / September 15, 2006 10:18 AM PDT

read that article VERY carefuly and tell us what is NOT true in it. Again, why is Armitige not going to be charged for telling bigger whoppers than Mr. Libby?

Collapse -
Wikipedia, re: Fitzgerald
by marinetbryant / September 15, 2006 10:38 AM PDT

"..The truth is the engine of our judicial system. If you compromise the truth, the whole process is lost . . . if we were to walk away from this, we might as well hand in our jobs."[10]

Maybe his truth isn't the same as everyone elses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Fitzgerald

Tom

Collapse -
Did you read the Investors Business Daily
by Dragon / September 16, 2006 9:14 PM PDT
Collapse -
Just another
by duckman / September 16, 2006 9:19 PM PDT

Right Wing hatchet job.

Collapse -
Yeah, right :-)
by Dragon / September 16, 2006 9:37 PM PDT
In reply to: Just another

Armitage is the hatchet job.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You link didn't work for me
by Evie / September 16, 2006 9:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Yeah, right :-)
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Worked for me
by duckman / September 16, 2006 10:45 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It's working for me now as well.
by Evie / September 16, 2006 10:49 PM PDT
In reply to: (NT) Worked for me
Collapse -
If I were Judith Miller ...
by Evie / September 16, 2006 10:54 PM PDT

... I would sue Fitzgerald.

Evie Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?