TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Westinghouse 32in LCD TV

by Westr70 / July 3, 2006 9:07 AM PDT

Hi: I just bought a westinghouse TV and the sound is terrible it cuts and chops. I called WH and they said it was my cable Co called them Cable was working well. Then WH said I should run it thru my VCR no change also they said I needed an amplifier bought one no change. Is there a defect in my set? or am I just too dumb? Thanks for all help LJ

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Westinghouse 32in LCD TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Westinghouse 32in LCD TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
westing house tv's are bad, and you get what you paid for.
by masterying01 / July 3, 2006 9:16 AM PDT

take it back to the store for an exchange for a samsung, panasonic, or sony. stay away form the philips and magnavox too.

Collapse -
WESTINGHOUSE IS BRAND NAME THAT HAS BEEN SOLD.......
by Riverledge / July 3, 2006 12:32 PM PDT

IT'S NO LONGER a brand that means QUALITY!!!
JUST a name to sell inferior products.
And that's the truth.
Sorry.

river.

Collapse -
eat only steamed vegetables and brown rice
by eeee / July 3, 2006 2:13 PM PDT

and drink spring water
Anything else and your will be ill.

Honestly ...who are you 2 guys with such proclamations!?
Just fast opinions based on nothing....
Seems Westinghouse LCDs do get good reviews: just check other video and buying sites to see the opinions.......................

Lajim1000 got a defective one and knows little and was told to buy an amplifier by someone who wanted to sell an amplifier.
Lajim1000: Please return the unit for one that works before your return period is over.

Collapse -
ok.
by masterying01 / July 3, 2006 3:19 PM PDT

i stare at these's tv's 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. i've put them with antenna's on hd and sd. i've had customers ***** me out for selling them the westing house because they were not happy. every other one we sell gets exchanged for a higher end tv. our displays break every other week and we need to send it out to service. we've compared it on the same signals on hd and sd to different tv's.

you base your opinion on other people's opinions (or you call them reviews). how are opinions on this forum different from "reviews" that random people put on a place like amazon.com where anyone can write reviews. i base my opinion on the fact that i've seen many different versions of westing house tv's...and they all have been horrible. what do you base your opinion's on? other people's more thought out opinions?

Collapse -
Westinghouse 32in LCD TV
by Westr70 / July 3, 2006 10:36 PM PDT

Thanks all for your comments I realize I got stuck and its too late to take it back so does anyone have any ideas to correct the sound problem? and are there others who have this problem Thanks Jim

Collapse -
dollar for dollar
by gmariop / July 4, 2006 2:10 AM PDT

Pro: hd pic great, sound good, options on remote great, viewing angle good, portability great, standard tv broadcast good, outputs and inputs great. Paid 899 at best buy and got what I expected.

Collapse -
Let's approach this differently
by Dan Filice / July 4, 2006 3:05 AM PDT

You say that you bought an amp and the sound is still problematic. How are you using an amp? Are you bypassing the speakers in the TV? If you are still using the TV speakers, how is your amp hooked up? If you have separate speakers hooked to an amp and you are not using the TV speakers and you still have audio problems, then it's not the TV. I would hook your cable to your VCR "IN", then take the VCR audio "OUT" and plug those into the amp. Hook separate speakers to the amp and listen. Do you stil have an audio problem? At this point, you have bypassed the TV speakes entirely and if the problem still exists, then the problem isn't your TV.

Collapse -
My Westinghouse quit completely 15 months after I bought it
by Judy39W / April 4, 2008 2:30 PM PDT

Westinghouse is no longer a quality product. Take it back while you can!

Collapse -
Westinghouse 32in LCD TV
by subicbill / April 5, 2008 1:26 AM PDT

Worst TV I have ever owned. Once on after 20 minutes, it starts jumping for 2-5 minutes. Westingshouse has been very little help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.