Storage forum

General discussion

Western Digital My Book Live 1TB Network Storage Connection

by Fariq30 / March 26, 2011 1:30 PM PDT

Hi.

Today i just buy my Western Digital My Book Live 1TB Network Storage this is first time im using WD NAS
I successfully installed Windows 7 x64 on my computer this week, but the computer sometimes loses contact with my WD 1TB Book live NAS(When trying to copy Big FILE). When this happens, I restart the computer, and the drive usually reappears. I just bought this hard drive two days ago. Instead of simply failing to recognize it, I sometimes get "not responding" errors when trying to open files.
here the screen shot
Click this bar to view the full image.

My hard drive (Western Digital My Book Live WDBACG0010HCH 1TB Network Attached Storage) appear in the compatibility list at window website.! http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Western%...

I contacted Western Digital support, Still no reply from them. still waiting
i find some hardware forum to check this out .. also not solution yet
i change my router,off firewall, also the same problem.

but if i try with MACBOOKPRO its working correctly. the problem now is at windows

Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do? Are there any downloads on the Microsoft site? Or will I have to bring the drive back to distributor

(I also keep getting a message at Windows can't find my shared i need to restart it before need to use it again.

here the System Report to help identify and resolve network problems http://www.mediafire.com/?6tjq43cwbqit55t

hope someone can help me with this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Western Digital My Book Live 1TB Network Storage Connection
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Western Digital My Book Live 1TB Network Storage Connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"I successfully installed Windows 7 x64"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 26, 2011 2:29 PM PDT

My bet is that was not as successful. That is, many folk install Windows without checking for drivers and more. That is, today who wants to figure all this out? What to do? Ask the laptop's maker which drivers are required.
Bob

Collapse -
I successfully installed Windows 7 x64?
by Fariq30 / March 26, 2011 3:57 PM PDT

sory that was typo that should be ''I was successfully installed (Western Digital My Book Live WDBACG0010HCH 1TB Network Attached Storage)on Windows 7 x64 that what i mean. i dont know the reason why i cant copy big file to my network storage but with my macbok its working

Collapse -
Here's my bet.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 27, 2011 12:33 AM PDT

Since the machine with the issue is a fresh install of Windows 7, it's drivers may be what Microsoft supplied. Which most folk are learning (again) that we must find our drivers just like we have for over a decade.

Sorry but your link to MediaFire is not one I can use. That site is too full of bad things for me to consider trying.

-> Bottomline? Find the laptop maker's page for drivers for this laptop and install the drivers they tell you for Windows 7.
Bob

Collapse -
Problem with WD My book live
by Fariq30 / March 27, 2011 2:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Here's my bet.

i did install all driver i can use it but only cant trasfer from my pc to network server. if i trasfer more than 10mb it will stop responding and need to restart the NAS server.

Collapse -
Then it's broken.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 27, 2011 2:15 AM PDT

Sorry but since details such as make, model and what drivers you installed I'm left with not much to work with.

We know that some NAS do fail with Windows 7 and then we see even more issues if the owner installs some Windows Live components.

Until the full details are known you may have to call WD and ask if they have any updates.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?