This is strange indeed. The menu bar is not configurable, and is supposed to be unchangeable.
- I should start with delete (or rename) all occurences of normal.dot on your hard disk.
- Then try other methods mentioned in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242368&Product=ofw2k, although strictly speaking it doesn't apply.
- Then get the Office CD and repair Office from Setup.
- Then (having the Office CD at hand) uninstall and install Word. Backup your outlook.pst.
- Then unistall the whole of Office, use Microsofts Office eraser to finish it off, then reinstall Office.
- Then download Open Office and forget about MS Word
Somewhere along this evening of work the problem should be repaired. If you're lucky: already with the first step.
Hope this helps. Let us know.
I have found that lately (I don't remember when) the "File" part on my word toolbar (it was supposed to be next to "Edit") has disappeared! I also noticed that its only gone in Word, every other office aplication is fine.
so if any of you can help me out i'll be gratefull:-)