Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Well, Mother Jones may have wounded him

but will Big Bird finish him off?

"He'll get rid of regulations on Wall Street, but he's going to crack down on Sesame Street!"

"Thank God somebody is finally getting tough on Big Bird," he said. "We didn't know that Big Bird was driving the federal deficit. Elmo, too?"

I saw part of one of the president's new additions to his campaign speeches featuring a line in this article. It's really very sad to see him seeking laughs instead of votes.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Well, Mother Jones may have wounded him
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Well, Mother Jones may have wounded him
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) I agree, not so many laugh with him anymore

In reply to: Well, Mother Jones may have wounded him

Collapse -
well, one must admit Romney was attempting to be glib...

... when he said he was going after Big Bird, so why shouldn't the President use it against Romney?

As it is, I have already seen memes on the web making fun of Romney's campaign against Big Bird. Apparently going after a childhood icon is resonating with a lot of people. Maybe Romney can kick a puppy next, to show how tuff he is on PETA ?

Collapse -
"why shouldn't the President use it against Romney"

In reply to: well, one must admit Romney was attempting to be glib...

Because he is embarassing himself with his cheesy cheap shots?

Collapse -
in your opinion.

In reply to: "why shouldn't the President use it against Romney"

You are entitled to your own opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.

Happy

Collapse -
People can have wrong opinions?

In reply to: in your opinion.

That's a new one on me. Happy

Collapse -
We had a member here some years ago....

In reply to: People can have wrong opinions?

....who for decency's sake I won't name. He insisted, quite seriously, that the statement "Hillary is a b***h" was a statement of fact and not opinion.

EdH was also notorious for declaring other people's opinions "wrong."

Collapse -
for Steven...

In reply to: We had a member here some years ago....

... it is my opinion that Lyle's opinion is 2 bricks shy of a belfry... wait, I mean , well , you get the idea...

Wink

And Josh? You just compared me... to Ed ?

OMG... I need to change my ways.

Cry

Collapse -
Well, I thought the president had turned to

In reply to: for Steven...

offering mockery instead of substance thereby entertaining his audience rather than being informative. To be fair, this was only a short piece of his address and not the whole of it. Perhaps the crowd needed a wake-up joke to get their attention. It's been a long campaign and hearing the same thing over and over gets boring at times. Folks won't need to worry about his jocularity if he's re-elected. It won't be funny anymore. WinkDevil

Collapse -
Some people are of the opinion that the Holocaust never

In reply to: People can have wrong opinions?

happened. In England there is still a Flat Earth Society. Some people in Russia would like a return of Communism.

Of course opinions can be wrong, when they're not supported by facts.

Rob

Collapse -
Still, Romney made it...

In reply to: "why shouldn't the President use it against Romney"

...open game.

Collapse -
During thel debate and the mention of de-funding PBS

In reply to: well, one must admit Romney was attempting to be glib...

I thought he was being honest forthright even knowing that some would cringe. Such is why he added that he liked Mr Lehrer and Big Bird. People were hounding him for specifics. They got one right in front of a national audience and even though it wasn't going to be popular. I need to respect him for his honesty.

Collapse -
The truth is Sesame Street gets very little gov't funding

In reply to: During thel debate and the mention of de-funding PBS

Most of their expenses are covered via private sources. But we in the "Save Sesame Street" campaign will not have our strategy dictated by fact-checkers. Devil

Collapse -
I read that too

In reply to: The truth is Sesame Street gets very little gov't funding

and they make a ton on merchandising. The Sesame Street program is essentially one big commercial, isn't it? They could be paying their own way and writing off any airtime charges as a charitable deduction. Wink

Collapse -
Wasn't it National Public Broadcasting

In reply to: The truth is Sesame Street gets very little gov't funding

the company that got so much heat for firing a liberal (Juan Williams) for making the comment that even HE is fearful of Muslims getting on a plane with him (FoxNews hired him immediately)? When taxpayers are paying even a part of the funding for public broadcasting, those funds should be taken away for being politically swayed either way....this is why Planned Parenthood is such a sore spot with liberals as well.

Collapse -
Romney isn't against the existance of PBS

In reply to: Wasn't it National Public Broadcasting

He just wants it to become a commercial network and pay its own way.

Collapse -
(NT) Romney flipped the Bird the Finger?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.