TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

WELL KNOWN FACTS ABOUT LITTLE KNOWN SUBJECTS

by Riverledge / February 24, 2006 7:42 AM PST

GO for it troops.

river.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WELL KNOWN FACTS ABOUT LITTLE KNOWN SUBJECTS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WELL KNOWN FACTS ABOUT LITTLE KNOWN SUBJECTS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
OK, I'll Go First
by RoadRunner6 / February 24, 2006 8:32 AM PST

It is a well known fact that the CNET website has been really screwed up for the past few weeks. Problems getting on and then problems navigating thru the site.

Now for me at least, the subject of web servers is a little know subject indeed.

Anyone here or at CNET know what the problem is?

Sometimes when I can't get onto the site I start going into withdrawal. Happy

RR6

Collapse -
I'm Concerned
by RoadRunner6 / March 4, 2006 2:18 PM PST

River, I'm concerned. There just doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm here at the CNET home audio & video forum.

I have notice that the number of posts seems to have declined recently. Now I can understand that with me because I returned to work last week after a 5 week vacation. So my post volume has drastically reduced (everyone is probably happy about that).

However, no one else has any excuses that I'm aware of. For example, where the heck is hthman, just to mention someone we haven't heard from recently?

This thread you started is a great example. What an original idea for a thread, but no posts! I'm stumpted.

RR6 Happy

Collapse -
RoadRunner6; I'VE NOTICED THE SAME THING!!!
by Riverledge / March 5, 2006 7:32 AM PST
In reply to: I'm Concerned

IT'S disappointing lately. This forum used to have a full page of posts per day. I started a thread about "Quadraphonic Stereo," it received a few replies. (Remember that wonder?)

Even Stewart seems to be missing.

Maybe everyone found their "Dream HDTV" at Costco.

river.

Collapse -
Still lurking in the shadows
by HTHMAN / March 5, 2006 10:17 AM PST
In reply to: I'm Concerned

Been doing a bunch of work around the house and just too tired to type. Besides, like you said, not much going on. Nobody asks anything I know. The wife has the awards show on, so I need something to do. Really don't care who wins as long as it is not "Broke Butt Mountain" or whatever that movie is.

Collapse -
Great Minds
by RoadRunner6 / March 5, 2006 1:05 PM PST

We must be from the same planet. I used the same exact modification of that movie title when discussing the Academy Awards with friends at work today.

Actually I'm not into movies with guys horsing around.

RR6

Collapse -
HAVE TO AGREE ..........
by Riverledge / March 6, 2006 11:49 AM PST

THANK YOU, for posting. Just waiting for new models.
CES L.V. is over. Nobody appears to care, right now.
SONY's dumping stock (HDTV) models left and right,
CRT-TV's, especially. I wanted an XBR960. damn.

river

Collapse -
8-track update
by HTHMAN / March 5, 2006 11:33 AM PST

Now that was a great format in the late 60s. Remember how nice it was to be listening to your favorite song on your favorite album and have it switch tracks right in the middle? Of course 8-track cassetts were fine back then because the cars were all land yachts. Today, you could only carry 2 or 3 in your car.

The little known fact is that before the 8-track player, there was a 4-track player. It was similar, but of course incompatable. It was only offered as an after market accessory. Ampex. LearJet and RCA teamed up to make the 8-track and Ford offered it in their cars. This killed the 4-track. Of course, in a few years, the cassette killed the 8-track too. There were home players and combo player/receivers for home sterio systems. Bet all you early adopters are glad you bought yours when the first came ou.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I skipped thoes,, went for Cassetts. John
by jcrobso / March 6, 2006 12:01 AM PST
In reply to: 8-track update
Collapse -
COMPACT AUDIO CASSETTE
by Riverledge / March 6, 2006 9:32 AM PST

THERE WAS NO BATTLE over this UNIVERSAL FORMAT.
READ WHY.
SEE: "PHILIPS, COMPACT AUDIO CASSETTE" @ ANSWERS.COM

river.

sorry about caps.

Collapse -
tell me about HD vhs
by masterying01 / March 6, 2006 1:15 PM PST

i remember seeing one of these for sale in a catalog a while back. please tell me more.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.