Speakeasy forum

General discussion

well its been 24 hrs

cant sleep sitting up forget lieing down glad i got books and cable tv.

meds have helped some i can at least breath was horror to gasp for breath i thought i had the flew.
love gator aid only liquid plus soup to stay down
thank you all for your concerns

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: well its been 24 hrs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: well its been 24 hrs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Sounds like you are on the mend Mark-Thank God

In reply to: well its been 24 hrs

Collapse -
Re: well its been 24 hrs

Collapse -
Re: well its been 24 hrs

In reply to: Re: well its been 24 hrs

now back in 85 when i got hurt they cauterized my nose.
well i had coughing fit and now im bleeding like stuck pigSad
took forever to stop dang if its not my lungs killing me its gonna be ill bleed out Grin

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Sound like you on the ment. Keep it going

Collapse -
Dear Mark, I think you are meant to stay "propped up" ....

and not lie flat. If your meds are antibiotics, they normally take 2 days to kick-in - I'm sure you know this, but hopefully this means that another 24 hours will make a good difference - many like me will be crossing their fingers and praying. There is an antibiotic "drip" (intravenous feed) also, if you are not on this already.

I'm a great believer in thoughts transmitted over "airwaves", so please know that, each time you log on to keep in touch with your family, you will be receiving all of our best thoughts at the same time.

Best wishes
Mo

Collapse -
Re: Dear Mark, I think you are meant to stay "propped up" .

In reply to: Dear Mark, I think you are meant to stay "propped up" ....

yes i know propped up any more propping ill be bent in halfGrin

Collapse -
Dear Mark, Can you cope with laughter, or is it painful? ..

In reply to: Re: Dear Mark, I think you are meant to stay "propped up" .

As from now, I'm going to be very serious. This is because I was in the hospital yesterday, and being me, had to be very careful not to make people laugh (painfully for them). Luckily we all got by with bright smiles.

So here is a bright smile: Happy

Best regards
Mo

Collapse -
Re: Dear Mark, Can you cope with laughter, or is it painful

In reply to: Dear Mark, Can you cope with laughter, or is it painful? ..

thank you i got a 1 hr nap in sitting up in recliner
my cat oreo is a blessing she lies on my lap and pats my face to let me know shes here Grin

Collapse -
thank goodness for cats! :)

In reply to: Re: Dear Mark, Can you cope with laughter, or is it painful

We have a big black one, with one eye. He was abused earlier in his life, unfortunately, by a previous owner.. But hes the most friendly, affectionate cat Ive ever known.

Collapse -
CS Lewis enjoyed being sick.

He said he could stay in bed all day and read books.

Hope you're feeling better.

Collapse -
How are you now, Mark? ...

It's a new day here, around lunchtime. We've had some heavy rain and flash floods in some areas, but today it is lovely and sunny Happy

Have you been able to get some more sleep - or did the purring keep you awake... Have your meds started to kick-in - I hope so, because it will make you feel better and get your body's defences up and running again. You are allowed to sleep, but tell them that they are not and that they have to get going!

Perhaps you can let us know when you next log in.

Regards
Mo

Collapse -
Re: How are you now, Mark? ...

In reply to: How are you now, Mark? ...

i got 2 hrs sleep all night my cable for puter died last night Sad
im feeling lot better (knocking on wood)
thank you

Collapse -
Re: How are you now, Mark? ...

In reply to: Re: How are you now, Mark? ...

Glad you're doing better Mark. My hubby had *****-moan-ya (his name for it!) four times one year and it was gosh darned awful. If whatever antibiotic you are taking leaves even the slightest hint of infection make sure to ask for more. With the hubby I think that was the problem. Never got fully rid of it till they really whacked the last time!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Mark, if you log in - how's you? ...

Collapse -
Re: Mark, if you log in - how's you? ...

In reply to: Mark, if you log in - how's you? ...

iiiiiiiis much better Grin

Collapse -
So glad to hear, Mark

In reply to: Re: Mark, if you log in - how's you? ...

Keep getting better - you'll whip this thing in no time!!

That's an order! Happy

--Marcia

Collapse -

uuuuuuu's ,much better? HappyHappyHappy

Good to hear (or purrreerrrerr) Any difference in Oreo's sounds? (Their empathy can be staggering at times.)

Regards
Mo

Collapse -

Be careful for awhile, Mark. Each time I had that, I ended up having extreme coughing fits every time I was exposed to the cold night air. just going out to the car at night was enough to make it all seem to start all over again for an hour or so.

My father-in-law recommended something that really seemed to work very well, but I think tastes really yucky (well, to be fair, I hate the taste of the alchohol, period). A small glass of whiskey or scoth with fresh lemon juice and real honey in it. The whiskey cuts through the mucous and seems to nearly cautherize the throat. The lemon aids in cutting down the mucous also, while the honey coats and soothes the throat so that you don't cough as much or have as bad of a sore throat. A dose of honey or the honey with lemon, is good for the rough throat in general too.

The other added benefit of that is that it puts you to sleep real good. Obviously not a good idea to take that with your other meds if the doctors or pharmacists say no alcohol (and some antibiotics now don't work with some citrus fruits).

As to the sleeping situation, it helps to resign yourself to being inclined to sleep. Prop as many pillows around you as you can tolerate to make it seem like you aren't going to fall over on Oreo, and that should help make it comfortable enough to sleep.

If you start coughing enough to break ribs (that was a problem I faced each time), then wrapping a rib belt or even a wide Ace bandage around the ribs during the worst of the coughing helps.

Sounds like you are getting a lot better though, thank goodness! Just avoid that night air though when it's cool. And by that, I mean, this can go on for up to three months after you are over the main illness! Royal nuisance, but it does go away finally. Like I said in another post, when I finally had the pneumonia shot, I haven't had any problems since. They seem not to offer them in the doctor's office or clinics, but will give them if you ask usually.

Do you have a picture of the kitty cat? Happy How does Oreo like the snakes? Are they friends, or does Oreo ignore them? I'm sure you also know this, but take extra care to wash your hands thoroughly now when dealing with your snakes while you're sick. They are remarkably susceptible to illnesses and that would be a tragedy to make them sick. They're very pretty!

Collapse -

yes i do have pics if you email me i can send you one of oreo.
i slept last night yahoo but today my heads splitting

and oreo dosnt sleep in my bedroom where snakes cages are as she would jump on cages and or snakes would hurt selves strikeing at her and mouths or teeth will get brocken

Collapse -
Diane mentioned "...coughing enough to break ribs.."

A friend of my son, who was in his late 30's, had a coughing spell and blew a small hole in his lung, requiring emergency room care. If not the tape procedure as Diane suggest, place a medium hard pillow across your ribs when you cough.

The first thing that the MD Anderson hospital gives you (no matter what age) when you check in for a lung problem is a very nice Teddy Bear doll with instructions to press it over your ribs when you cough.

JR

Collapse -
Mark, Since you are feeling better...........

Does this mean you don't need a nurse anymore??? Gee! and her I was just getting ready to volunteerHappy
Get wellHappy
Glenda

Collapse -
Re: Mark, Since you are feeling better...........

In reply to: Mark, Since you are feeling better...........

COUGH COUGH HACK HACK Grin

never no i mite relapeHappy

still coughing and now head acks back Sad

Collapse -
LOL.........

In reply to: Re: Mark, Since you are feeling better...........

I kinda think after that little act your not quite as sick as you wereWink Glad to see you are feeling well enough to kid aroundHappy
Glenda

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) How are you today, Mark? On the up-and-up?

Collapse -
Re: (NT) How are you today, Mark? On the up-and-up?

In reply to: (NT) How are you today, Mark? On the up-and-up?

im up not to sure for how long or farHappy

Collapse -
Re: I know what you need Mark...

In reply to: Re: (NT) How are you today, Mark? On the up-and-up?

A trip to one of those massage palors. Grin Any down there? Seriously, I do hope you start feeling better.

Robitussin Extra Strength Menthol Eucalyptus Cough Drops work good for me most times.

George

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.