Speakeasy forum

General discussion

well im sick

i have pmnonia i cant spell it but i have fluid in left lung its hard to breath ill be around

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: well im sick
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: well im sick
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: well im sick

In reply to: well im sick

Dear Mark

Do take care of yourself. I hope the heat from your hard drive will keep you warm Happy

Regards
Mo

Collapse -
Sorry to hear that Mark

Collapse -
Oh Mark, I am so sorry to hear this:)

Now you definitely need someone to come in and care for both you and your sister! Have you been to the Dr for meds? Will keep you in my prayers.
Glenda

Collapse -
Re: Oh Mark, I am so sorry to hear this:)

In reply to: Oh Mark, I am so sorry to hear this:)

yes 3 hrs in a clinic with screaming babys is fun (health clinic)
got zithromax for meds coughing isnt fun.
any volinteers for a nurse?

Collapse -
I wouldn't trust you

In reply to: Re: Oh Mark, I am so sorry to hear this:)

in your condition to drive yourself....I will come and get you and bring to the mountain for some R & R....that means sit on your *** and do nothing but rest and take your meds on time.

What a butthead...you move out of a cold climate to a warmer one and NOW you get pneumonia???? Why do you old coots think you can take care of yourselves? LOL

TONI

Collapse -
Re: I wouldn't trust you

In reply to: I wouldn't trust you

look i left fl and they get hit with a huricane.

so you want come pick me up ill pack up snakes and cat

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Levoquin. Get some. Wish you well.

Collapse -
Oh, man! Get well sooner rather than later.

Eat lots of chicken soup, and think positive.

Collapse -

Get yourself to the doctor Mark, get checked out and get some medicine. And ask the doctor about that pneumonia shot.

DE

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Shocked :( You get those meds and keep warm my friend

Collapse -
Re: well im sick -- prayers for a speedy recovery, Mark.

Please do whatever the doctors tell you! Pneumonia is nothing to take lightly -- it killed my father Sad

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Get well soon. Hope you are under a doctor's care.

Be very careful, Mark, seems like these days pneumonia is getting more and more resistant to meds and complicatons set in quickly.

Collapse -
Best stay clear of your sister then

If she is still less than full strength.

So sorry you have that though! The new antibiotics they have can kick it pretty thoroughly in about 3-10 days though. It's absolutely nothing to mess with, as the others have pointed out. That pneumonia shot is a godsend too. Get it this next fall if you can. Since I have been taking them, it's the first time in years that I have not had pneumonia (or even bronchitis) - they are nearly miraculous in my book!

There is also a cough drop that worked incredibly well for me and for my father whenever we had pnemonia. It was recommended by one doctor who really knew what he was talking about. He told me to drink tons of fluids, no matter what they were (coffee, water, chicken soup, tea, anything), and to take BriteLife brand honey or metho eucalpytus cough drops. It feels like they clear you to your toes, they do so good on the lungs.

Good luck!

Collapse -

Hi Mark,

Assume you are under a Doctors care if you know you have pneumonia.

With pneumonia it can be serious especially with older people.

I had it the early part of June and spent 5 days in the hospital. With mine, I ran a temperature of 100F to 102.5F the 5 days there but switching between tylenol and motrin like the doctor prescribed it would bring the temperature down between periods. I was put on strong anti-biotics and oxygen immediately and even after the temperature quit in 5 days, took the anti-biotics for 10 more days. Never had a sore throat, or heavy coughing to require cough medicine, but was coughing up 'brown' flem for several days.

BTW, I had a pneumonia shot several years ago and it is highly recommended...almost mandatory and free for over 65 with Medicare.
Course there is more than one type of pneumonia and the 'shot' may not cover all.

Keep us posted.

JR

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I hope it will be a speedy recovery.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) hang in there Mark....

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: So sorry, Mark.. Get well soon

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Take care of yourself

Collapse -
Get well soon! And from an old nurse....

Sure sorry that you're ill, Mark!

As you know what you have, you must have sought medical help.

If the infection is bacterial, meds should get you on the road to recovery before long. If not, then return to your doctor at once!

Your immune system will be compromised, so be careful to not pick up a secondary infection. WASH YOUR HANDS the first thing after returning from ANY trips outside your home , handling money, and after visitors leave. Keep your hands away from your eyes. Those are good ideas for everybody all of the time, sick or not.

If it is viral, there are also meds that help.

Use this down time to also rest your back.

Looking forward to when you are back to your self!

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Sorry to hear you are not well, Mark

Behave yourself, and mind the doctors!!

Get well soon,
--Marcia

Collapse -
that's bad news

I sure hope you start feeling better soon, Mark! Do you think it was stress brought on about your sister's recent surgery? Ya know ya have to take care of yourself first!

Get well soon! You're in my prayers.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
Dear Mark, Please tell us ...

Clearly we all want to know that you are doing something "proper" about it.

I gather you have been through a lot in your lifetime - but this time, you have to let others help you, so PLEASE let them do this.

BUT don't struggle at the computer when you should be laid up in bed - and that's an order...

Regards and best wishes to you and sis.
Mo

Collapse -
Re: Dear Mark, Please tell us ...

In reply to: Dear Mark, Please tell us ...

i use puter 2 times to check in with my famially

you cant beleave the coughing

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Dear Mark, I don't know how bump works - Bump........

Collapse -

Sorry to hear about this Mark. Take care of yourself and get well soon!

Evie Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.