HolidayBuyer's Guide

Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Well, I must say. . .

by Coryphaeus / June 28, 2008 10:33 PM PDT

I'm converted.

I've used IE for years, hopping over to Netscape and Mozilla/Firefox a few times just to look. I tried to like FF2, I really did, but just couldn't get away from IE6 then 7. But the new Firefox 3 has finally done it. Pages load faster, the add-ons/plug-ins are killer, the favorites list is now more manageable, and in general, much more superior than IE. IE7 is now only used for Windows updates.

I really love the Flash Blocker. Perfect.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Well, I must say. . .
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Well, I must say. . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Good.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 28, 2008 10:49 PM PDT
In reply to: Well, I must say. . .

It seems OK here too. But then, I've always been a Mozilla fan.

That's 'fan', not fanboy! Devil

Mark

Collapse -
Get the IE Tab
by PudgyOne / June 29, 2008 2:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Well, I must say. . .
Collapse -
where do u see
by neal1_1 / June 29, 2008 3:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Get the IE Tab

it

Collapse -
After you install the IE Tab
by PudgyOne / June 29, 2008 3:40 AM PDT
In reply to: where do u see

you have the Orange World at the bottom of the page.

Go to Windows Updates page. Right click on the orange World. Click the add button, click ok. Now everytime you go to Windows Updates page, it will use the IE Tab feature.

You have to close the page and go there one more time to Windows Update page and you're in.

You can manually change from Mozilla Firefox to IE Tab by left clicking on the Orange World. To change back left click on the Blue e .

Rick

Collapse -
(NT) wow ty sir
by neal1_1 / June 29, 2008 12:27 PM PDT
Collapse -
Well I'll be KMA. . .
by Coryphaeus / June 29, 2008 9:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Get the IE Tab

Neat! Installed it. Went to the Windows update page in the IE render. Excellent!!

Thanks PO

Collapse -
watch out
by mementh / June 29, 2008 1:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Well I'll be KMA. . .

the IE tab addon slows down firefox sometimes and has in the past contributed to memory leaks..

plus your subject to all the flaws that IE has Sad

Collapse -
It may do that but
by PudgyOne / June 29, 2008 2:14 PM PDT
In reply to: watch out

if you only use it when you have to, then that's a different story. We just showed that it works for Windows Updates and you sometimes have to use the IE Tab for some purchases, depending on the program or the method of payment. Some places still use ActiveX bu most have gotten away from using this.

Rick

Collapse -
Wayne, you'll learn
by PudgyOne / June 29, 2008 2:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Well I'll be KMA. . .

when you want or NEED to use the IE Tab function. It takes a little figuring out but you'll figure it out quickly. Mostly to do with making payments and some banks still use ActiveX.

Try some of the add-ons listed in my other post.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-4_102-0.html?forumID=14&threadID=299457&messageID=2801492

If you use NoScript, you have to tell it to allow to see flash objects or you'll get the message you need to get the latest flash player.

And since you're using Mozilla Firefox, it uses a different version of Flash Player snd Shockwave player than Inetrnet Explorer does.

Happy Playing,

Rick

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks!
by Coryphaeus / June 30, 2008 2:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Wayne, you'll learn
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.