General discussion

Well, I must say. . .

I'm converted.

I've used IE for years, hopping over to Netscape and Mozilla/Firefox a few times just to look. I tried to like FF2, I really did, but just couldn't get away from IE6 then 7. But the new Firefox 3 has finally done it. Pages load faster, the add-ons/plug-ins are killer, the favorites list is now more manageable, and in general, much more superior than IE. IE7 is now only used for Windows updates.

I really love the Flash Blocker. Perfect.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Well, I must say. . .
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Well, I must say. . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Good.

It seems OK here too. But then, I've always been a Mozilla fan.

That's 'fan', not fanboy! Devil

Mark

- Collapse -
Get the IE Tab
- Collapse -
where do u see

it

- Collapse -
After you install the IE Tab

you have the Orange World at the bottom of the page.

Go to Windows Updates page. Right click on the orange World. Click the add button, click ok. Now everytime you go to Windows Updates page, it will use the IE Tab feature.

You have to close the page and go there one more time to Windows Update page and you're in.

You can manually change from Mozilla Firefox to IE Tab by left clicking on the Orange World. To change back left click on the Blue e .

Rick

- Collapse -
(NT) wow ty sir
- Collapse -
Well I'll be KMA. . .

Neat! Installed it. Went to the Windows update page in the IE render. Excellent!!

Thanks PO

- Collapse -
watch out

the IE tab addon slows down firefox sometimes and has in the past contributed to memory leaks..

plus your subject to all the flaws that IE has Sad

- Collapse -
It may do that but

if you only use it when you have to, then that's a different story. We just showed that it works for Windows Updates and you sometimes have to use the IE Tab for some purchases, depending on the program or the method of payment. Some places still use ActiveX bu most have gotten away from using this.

Rick

- Collapse -
Wayne, you'll learn

when you want or NEED to use the IE Tab function. It takes a little figuring out but you'll figure it out quickly. Mostly to do with making payments and some banks still use ActiveX.

Try some of the add-ons listed in my other post.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-4_102-0.html?forumID=14&threadID=299457&messageID=2801492

If you use NoScript, you have to tell it to allow to see flash objects or you'll get the message you need to get the latest flash player.

And since you're using Mozilla Firefox, it uses a different version of Flash Player snd Shockwave player than Inetrnet Explorer does.

Happy Playing,

Rick

- Collapse -
(NT) Thanks!

CNET Forums

Forum Info