Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Well I finally got around to seeing Episode 3

by Evie / April 21, 2006 10:11 AM PDT

... is it over YET?

It was a good view on the HDTV, but I think more light saber fights were in order < /sarcasm>

Devil

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Well I finally got around to seeing Episode 3
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Well I finally got around to seeing Episode 3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Pardon my french, but
by duckman / April 21, 2006 10:22 AM PDT

IT SUCKED !!!!! worst episode ever

Collapse -
Yup!
by Evie / April 21, 2006 10:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Pardon my french, but

Comes in only slightly behind the second installment of the Matrix trilogy in stink factor!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Not worse than the
by duckman / April 21, 2006 10:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Yup!

second Raiders of the Lost Ark movies

Collapse -
What I found most troubling
by grimgraphix / April 21, 2006 2:10 PM PDT

was the fact that Lucas replaced the original actor who played Darth Vader at the end of episode VI (on DVD) with Christian Haydin. You know... the scene where Yoda, Obiwan and Darth are all ghosts smiling down on the ewok party?

Lucas rationalized during an interview that when Vader died his ghost would revert back to his good self... Didn't Vader become good when he renounced the dark side though?

I bought episode III on DVD when it came out but haven't been able to bring myself to watch it yet.

Lucas became such a sell out.:(

grim

Collapse -
We bought it as a ...
by Evie / April 21, 2006 9:06 PM PDT

... ''get one free'' in a pre-viewed DVD sale months ago. It's been sitting on a shelf. Probably should have left it there (on the shelf), or better yet at the store! It's on the way to DVD trade-in.

Collapse -
Never cared for Star Wars...
by EdH / April 21, 2006 9:29 PM PDT

partly because, as a fan of "real" Science Fiction I was disappointed that the money could not have been used to make a real Science Fiction film instead of a cliche ridden shoot 'em up. But that was naive youth thinking.

The first one has some charm and the second one (Empire Strikes Back)is watchable. After that a steady slide downhill. But, I've dutifully shelled out money to see all of them. They are part of the culture now. I have even become fond of the turgid, cornball John Williams score.

BTW my 12-year-old son considers Episode III one of the best films ever made!

Collapse -
The only thing I liked about this one ...
by Evie / April 21, 2006 9:51 PM PDT

... was R2 and C3PO Wink Yoda was cute too. The "big lines" came off as pap, and it was just tooooooo long for the plot line (which is why I compared it to the second Matrix).

I enjoyed the first two (or Episodes IV and V as they are now called). All the rest have been mediocre at best. I think we have Episode I kicking around on the shelf somewhere, but skipped II.

Your son is still young Wink

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Won't get much older if he doesn't straighten up...
by EdH / April 21, 2006 11:44 PM PDT

soon we will have TWO teenagers in the house! What did I do to deserve this? (I know--it's my wife's fault)

Collapse -
OT: Now talking about Star Trek 11 movie...
by EdH / April 21, 2006 11:41 PM PDT

which could be very very good, or very very BAD! Have there really been ten of them???

Stay tuned.

Collapse -
I've never much gotten into most of the Star Treks ...
by Evie / April 21, 2006 11:49 PM PDT

... I think they should have gotten a new cast from the get-go. Somehow the slightly (to varying degrees) overweight, aging actors stuffed into those space suits still doing the same duties just never quite cut it for me. Once they switched to the Next Generation cast, it was better IMO, but they kinda already lost me.

I did see Nemesis, but couldn't tell you what it was about. That's how memorable it was Wink I just checked the Star Trek site, and surprised myself that I *think* I've actually seen them all at one time or another. We have a few on VHS, that have even seen some wear (mostly the hubby watches that stuff when I'm not around).

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Katherine wants them to make one based on the

"New Frontiers" novels, which she likes a lot (I tink they're ok, but not great).

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
No Rick Berman, finally!
by MarkatNite / April 24, 2006 12:43 PM PDT

So this one at least has a chance of being good.

Mark

Collapse -
Even / Odd rule
by grimgraphix / April 24, 2006 1:28 PM PDT

isn't it said that only the even numbered star trek movies have been good? Doesn't that mean they should skip 11 and move right to 12?

I have heard that Patrick Stewart feels he will be too old (born 13 july,1940) to be in anymore Star trek movies if the don't start on in the next year.

He is younger than Bill Shatner (22 march, 1931) but Bill cut out the strenuous roles a while back. Last time James T Kirk was on the screen was in 1994's Generations (really that long ago?) which would have made him 61 or 62 when he shot the movie.

grim

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?