General discussion

Well, I don't really like . . .

The way you reply to a post, click submit (or whatever) and you have to go to the main page and back to the original post to see your reply.

My 2 cents.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Well, I don't really like . . .
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Well, I don't really like . . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Back to the main page?

After submitting a reply, you should see three options appear, including:
1.) Click here to view your post.
2.) Track this discussion. (If untracked)
3.) Bookmark your submission. (IE and Firefox only)

Clicking #1 links directly to your reply, so there is no need to visit any other page. Note, however, that if there is a delay in processing your reply it may not be immediately available, in which case the above links are not provided. In such cases, a note that your post will appear shortly will be displayed instead.

John

- Collapse -
Yes, I know that . . .

Where is the "Return to the discussion" link?

- Collapse -
intuitive?

I think. You have to clk the opening post subject line.

- Collapse -
There need not be one...

In the new forums, the Reply box is on the same page as the thread. Just scroll up or down to see the entire thread as you write your reply, as well as after you submit it. You only need to follow the "Click here to view your post" link, or refresh the page, to see your own post appear within the thread.

John

Note: If there are over 30 posts and your post would appear on a subsequent page, the link with take you to the page your reply is on while refreshing would leave you on the same page.

CNET Forums

Forum Info