You all finally did it.
Really appreciate all the help in the past.
Welcome to our brand new Home.
To make it easier for everyone I thought I?d put down some notes to help expedite resolving any Windows XP issues.
Remember if you are the one trying to solve a PC problem the others reading your post only has whatever info you divulge in your post to work with.
So remember to provide as much detail as possible.
The following details would be helpful:
1. System information ~ CPU, Ram, Power Supply, Video Card, Sound Card, Motherboard etc.
2. OS ~ XP version, upgrade or clean install, dual/multi-boot, SP1 + updates applied.
3. Details of problem ~ any error message, new hardware/software installed etc.
4. Any attempts to solve problem and results.
5. For continuity please try and continue with the same thread till the problem is resolved.
6. It will help all others if you post a message once a solution is found.
For new members remember that this Forum is a free service so do not expect prompt replies as members & moderators will assist when they can.
Tip ~ when you encounter a problem you should first go to XP?s Help & Support Center as it is a great source of information and provides a link to Microsoft Knowledgebase resource.
Then do a Google search for your specific problem as you?ll be surprised what you can find.
For the others who volunteer their expertise let us continue assisting those who have problems with a professional approach.
Bear in mind that oftentimes the person having the problem may be unfamiliar with his/her PC so a bit more tolerance may be required on our part.
Everyone is encouraged to offer their opinions as that is the only way for us to broaden our knowledge.
But let us continue to treat each other with respect and not let any thread degenerate into personal attacks as has been seen in other forums.
Let us all continue our efforts to make the Windows XP Forum the place where everyone feels at Home and will visit frequently.
Those with tips & information to share should post them so that collectively this forum will be a tremendous resource for everyone to draw on.