TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Welcome to Component Junction!

by analyzerbunny / March 19, 2007 7:39 AM PDT

Okay...its not really a place so much as its a box you plug into the back of your tv to increase the number of component connections your tv can handle.

Does anyone know if this exists? How it would work? Who sells them?

PS Steweeee is a show off!


Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Welcome to Component Junction!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Welcome to Component Junction!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by jostenmeat / March 19, 2007 12:56 PM PDT

"Component" connections as in y-pb-pr (red/blue/green)?

You don't have a receiver/processr that can "switch/convert" compononent connections?

Anyways, I've never what I think* you are asking for. Otherwise, there are a number of hdmi switchers out there. Not incredibly cheap though.

Collapse -
Component...the Red, Blue, Yellow...
by analyzerbunny / March 19, 2007 11:42 PM PDT
In reply to: hi

Plugs. I only have one on the back of my tv. I am looking for the ability to plug more than one component typa cable into the back of the tv. The DVD and PS2 both use component cables.

I guess my 'other' option would be to get a new DVD player that uses HDMI and that would free up my component connectors for the PS2, but I wanted to wait for prices to drop on Blu-Ray.


Collapse -
For component get a $20 AV stereo passive switcher.
by jcrobso / March 20, 2007 2:30 AM PDT

Use the yellow for yellow, red for red and white for blue. John

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?