LG forum

General discussion

weired alert with "yyyyyyy" on my LG phone

by Jman787 / December 25, 2008 7:01 AM PST

This is the 3rd time its happened. I have the LG 3 phone (verizon wireless) and every once in a while this Alert Event pops up:

(name)yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (with these little dots on top of the y's)
(Date)Oct 13 13652 7:63 pm
Feb 31 4095 11:59pm
Repeated end time
Until Feb 31, 4095
Before REPEAT

Any ideas as to what this is would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: weired alert with "yyyyyyy" on my LG phone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: weired alert with "yyyyyyy" on my LG phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same problem!
by brendo613 / February 11, 2009 7:20 AM PST

I feel really relieved that someone else has experienced this ... attests to some degree of my sanity at least! What model phone do you have? Mine is the VX 8360.

Collapse -
its the lg chocolate 3, also....
by Jman787 / February 11, 2009 8:10 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem!

i little while ago i spoke to verizon and they said that perhaps it was a software issue and that I should come to the store and they'll update the software. So i did but even after, i still got the alert but it only happened like once or twice and hasnt happened since then.

Collapse -
23twed
by brendo613 / February 11, 2009 9:21 AM PST

That's interesting that it seems to have helped a little. Upon doing some research on the dates entered, I found some pages discussing the programming of the phone, that when a reminder is set to repeat forever, the date entered is December 31st, 4095 ... well, that's significant, as was some other technological jargon I found. Weird

Collapse -
its happening again
by Jman787 / March 4, 2009 11:50 AM PST
In reply to: 23twed

brendo - did you find out anything else about this because it seems to be happening more and more often?

Collapse -
No luck, no help
by brendo613 / March 5, 2009 3:41 AM PST
In reply to: its happening again

I haven't found anything else out, unfortunately. I've just kind of learned to live with it. It can be funny sometimes. I wonder what triggers it ... it's not even usually after any recent activity.

Collapse -
LG VX5500 also affected by strange Alert dated Feb 31, 4095
by c.jacks / July 24, 2009 12:28 PM PDT
In reply to: No luck, no help

brendo613,

I'm experiencing the same spurious Alert problem that you (LG VX8360 and Jman787 (LG 3) are, but I have a Verizon LG VX5500. Two things are interesting:

1) There is no such thing as Feb 31 in any year - ever! (February has 28 days and sometimes 29)

2) The Alert came out of nowhere, my clamshell was closed and my phone was sitting on the desk. When I pressed OK to "Save" the Alert... and then tried to find it using my Options... Search it was no where to be found (strange!)

In your February post you said, "Upon doing some research on the dates entered, I found some pages discussing the programming of the phone, that when a reminder is set to repeat forever, the date entered is December 31st, 4095 ... well, that's significant, as was some other technological jargon I found."

Could you please give us the URLs of the research you found that was useful to resolving this problem?

Collapse -
February 31 indicates an entirely fictitious date
by c.jacks / July 24, 2009 12:46 PM PDT
Collapse -
Eerie alert
by trishrides / November 15, 2009 8:56 PM PST

Good to know others are getting this same alert. Maybe it's something from The Twilight Zone.
Wish I could erase it.

Collapse -
yyyyyyy with date of Feb 31st 4095
by steve_in_arizona / December 2, 2009 10:54 PM PST

It's triggered on my phone when I cancel a calendar event on the same day of the event (only if its within an hour before the event). I have tried it about 5 times now. The event has to be stored in your phone for at least an hour so just putting one in and then immediately canceling it won't work. Think carefully when you get this message. Did you cancel an event (appointment) in your phone? Bet you did. Hope this helps.

Collapse -
my LG phone
by neveahsdad / January 26, 2011 1:01 AM PST

my phone alert said feb 31 4095 7:63pm so that weirded me out so i tried to look into it a bit and them my phone shut off all by itself and then turned itself back on .really strange anyone have any answers, cause i am weirded out by the whole thing.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?