Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

weird SEO rank result

by sbeena40 / June 16, 2009 8:40 AM PDT

Okay I am not insane, but I am getting slightly different SEO results on my PC and on my iMac for the some same keywords. Is this possible? or am I loosing it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: weird SEO rank result
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: weird SEO rank result
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You get different results based on location
by Sovereign Forum moderator / June 16, 2009 5:20 PM PDT
In reply to: weird SEO rank result

so I'm sure there is something in there for the type of computer and/or browser.

~Sovereign

Collapse -
It is your browser!!!!
by urielposselt / July 12, 2009 2:49 AM PDT

Please don't believe anything that I say in here, because this is only my experience.

I am a web designer a SEO. The problem is your browser. Well, it is not really a problem is just if you search your website in one browser for a special keyword and you just keep clicking that website, some browsers will think that you really like that website and they make it appear on a different position. For instance, if I look on firefox or IE 7, the keyword "my website" and the url "www.mywebsite.com" appears in one position, and if I keep clicking that website my browsers will think, well we think that this guy like this web, so we are going to move it a little bit up. I think this is a setting you can manipulate on you browser.

Collapse -
Google
by Crims0n / July 12, 2009 2:55 PM PDT
In reply to: It is your browser!!!!

urielposselt is right. I know I use google all the time (while being signed in ) and I constantly have to open another browser to get "unbiased" results. Like my blog for example:
http://crims0n.us/

When I search for my name, my blog comes up in the top results when I use Firefox (my main browser). However if I switch to IE or Chrome, I am nowhere to be found xD

Collapse -
problem
by shumail1 / July 13, 2009 10:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Google

i am aslo having the same problem and still nothing worked for me..

Collapse -
SEO Keyword Ranking Result
by Boston-SEO / July 14, 2009 5:08 AM PDT

I would also clear out any cache/cookies and/or web history you may have. Generally when you use an internet browser it saves files that help decrease the amount of time it takes for particular page to lower. These files make for easy/fast surfing, but sometimes can affect search engine ranking pages.

Try this out and see if it works at all. I've had a problem like this before and was able to fix it using this process.

- Tim
<a href="http://www.freshtilledsoil.com/services-search-marketing.html">Boston SEO</a>

Collapse -
different data centers
by thischarmingmanc / August 16, 2009 6:46 PM PDT

There is no such thing as a real google result.

As google is comprosed of differtent data centers, each having a slightly different set of results. you may be served different result from tiem to tiem based on browsers. Its not broke its juts the way google works.

Also throw into this personalised search that kicks in when you are logged into your google account that gives you truley unqiue results.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.