General discussion

Weird Monitor Problem, Immediate Help required !!!

Ok i just opened my pc case to clean the dirt and so on , when put back together and turned on right away it says " Monitor Out Of Range" with a pure black screen , and pressing keyboard buttons or restarting the comp doesnt help. I tried putting my brothers monitor considering my monitor might be dead , but still same error on screen , is something wrong with my motherboard ??? How do i fix it please help. All help appreciated.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Weird Monitor Problem, Immediate Help required !!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Weird Monitor Problem, Immediate Help required !!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Since you opened the case

it's possible you dislodged the video card (unless yours in on the MB). AGP slots can be touchy and component fit is not always perfect. Video cards get unseated and it only takes small movement to do this. Remove and reseat it and see if this helps.

- Collapse -
Interesting But....

Hmm i dont get it i mean ive got a built in video card , so how could i ever have misplaced it ? Is there any other possibilities ??? Or anything else wrong ??

CNET Forums

Forum Info